after run oil - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2001, 04:21 PM
portgrinder

after run oil

somebody wanna fill me in on after run oil?

also, is a tmaxx losi's version of the rc10gt?

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: after run oil

I use Marvel Mystery oil. just put a few drops down the venturi and turn the engine over a couple of times to work it in, don't use to much. It is just added to prevent any rust or your engine from seizing. You don't have to add it and there is no real proof it will extend the engine life. The T Maxx is a traxas Monster truck with four wheel drive, it is heavy and has to have a two speed transmission because it weights to much for it's .15 engine.
The Losi offering in the 2wd stadium truck catagory started wiht the GTX, then went to the NXT, and is now the XXXNT.
There were very few changes between the GTX and the NXT, other than a little bit of front suspension geometry. The XXXNT was much different, yet still retains the basic chasis layout of the GTX and some parts are interchangable.

Montana, The Last Best Place To Hide.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 04:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: after run oil

I use the after run oil and so far have had no problems starting it after it sits all winter (rc boat). I also use it in my nitro truck (.21 engine). Again, I just think it helps coat everything after you run it and don't plan on running it for a while. I haven't had any problems with it gumming up either.

FOR SALE35,4.11,posi.FOR TRADE: 35x12.50 SSR wanted 35x14boggers.John-89YJ-350V8,35" SSR's, EFI,revolvers,shackle reversal,SYE,cv shaft, 4.11,locked front D30, rocklock,8.8,2"body, TJ flares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode