T-Maxx - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

T-Maxx

I'm a newbie when it comes to RC Cars, I've had cheap tyco ones [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Just wanting to know, about how much I can pick up a T-Maxx and what I need to know about maintaining it and keeping it in good running order. Also what about snow? I would like to tear up the snow when we get a couple inches on the ground.

My Truck Here
Proud Member of the Cascade Crawlers
We don't football sex bowling until you pizza.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 02:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: T-Maxx

Hey Chuki...

Go for the T-Maxx... It'll make you wonder why you were ever running a little Tyco truck.. I have the T-Maxx and just love it. Truck is very well built and easy to maintain. Just like maintaining you're Toy. Tighten the nuts and bolts between runs, break the engine in right, and use a little after run oil afterwards to keep things loose.

There are a tonne of aftermarket parts for the T-Maxx too. I just saw a set of coilover shocks with remote resoivors. Wild.. I did snap one of my Nylon front A-Arms but that is the only thing I have broken on mine. My new Custom Alluminum SuperMaxx EXT suspension should be here ina couple of days. This replaces all the A-arms with a set that effectivly widens the T-Maxx by 1.5". Once you get your T-maxx you'll see they can roll pretty easy... This should help with the stability.

I was even on one site where they have built a T-Maxx woth over $5000. Just nuts...

If you decide to get one let me know if you have any questions.. I think I picked up my truck, charger, gas starter kit (fuel, glowplugs, glowplug wrench, fuel bottle, and a battery for around $500.

T-Maxx should be fine in the snow. Just might want to do some waterproofing first.

Good Luck

Buzz

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=red> Bad Boyz Drive Bad Ass Toyz </font color=red>
http://www.geocities.com/canuckbuzz
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

I want one, but with the project of building up my 20/22 Hybrid 4cyl I don't think I will be able to afford something like that for a few months, I'll save my pennies. I downloaded all the vids from T-maxx website, and started drooling over that thing. I wouldn't mind when it's ice outside or an inch of snow to pull that thing out and flip all sorts of donuts all over the place.

My Truck Here
Proud Member of the Cascade Crawlers
We don't football sex bowling until you pizza.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 01:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

this is always a fun place to look
http://www.towerhobbies.com/

Tom Klippenstein
life is short, drink good beer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 01:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chucki, here's an even better place to look www.stormerhobbies.com. even closer to home than tower and I have bought from both. Anybody having problems with the universals on their T-max. I had an aweful time with the ones on my Traxas Sledgehammer.

Montana, The Last Best Place To Hide.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 05:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

they sucked a$$ on my stampede till i finally bought a set of CVDs! i would shred a u-joint every time i ran it just about. and that wasnt even abusing it

Mike ~
"I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel-drive and a country boy can survive!"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a buddy who has a T-MAXX. He's got almost everything RPM makes for it! I think he's going to stuff a .21 in it next. Dang that things fast!

Snake

Well pinch my toes and call me a jelly doughnut

I can read, I can read, see that shoe, it says Adidas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode