parts breakage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 01:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

parts breakage

well, ive had my Traxxas Nitro Stampede for prob about 4 months now and i LOVE it. my only problem is i cant have any fun b/c i keep breaking stuff. after i shredded several sets of the cheapo plastic rear u-joints and finally one of the half-shaft driveshafts, i bought the MIP metal CVDs thinking i should have no more problems. first day i had em, i broke one side (where it connects to the axle stub the metal bone broke). i dont even wanna think about after i get the tuned pipe for christmas what more power will do!?!?! anyone have suggestions on ways to upgrade my drivetrain and make it bulletproof as possible?? i dont even drive it hard for fear of breakage. i was just driving around on the dirt when i broke the CVD. sorry for the long post but thanks for the help!!

Mike ~
"I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel-drive and a country boy can survive!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2000, 10:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: parts breakage

<font face="Comic Sans MS">[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] You could always swap in some Dana 44's, and a set of 1 ton driveshafts. Oops, then we'd have to do an engine swap also. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Sorry, couldn't resist trying to be a bit funny (although I know I'm not).</font>

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2000, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

haha - nice Tim. how bout i swap in a d60 in both my trucks! although i dunno if the .15 CID monster motor in my traxxas will spin them 38s. sounds like its time for a blower! haha [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] or possibly a 502 transplant into the '89 and swap the 350 into the traxxas! sounds like a plan

Mike ~
"I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four-wheel-drive and a country boy can survive!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 02:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Damn, Mip cvds are supposed to be the heaviest thing you can buy for them, you may look at the shafts on the new T-max, they are supposed to be a lot bigger. I had the same problem with my electric sledgehammer, great looking truck, but the driveshaft angles were to extreme, and with the abuse I put it through they didn't last. Try to get warenty on the MIP CVDs, or a replacement set. I love My MIP stinger pipe, so sweet. Better stop typing before it gets any longer. hope this helps some.

Quit Honking, I'm reloading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode