Off Roading Forums banner

T-MAXX Questions

2K views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I just got my T-maxx 3 days ago, now its all broke in, after many big jumps(loading docks work great) only broke the rear skidplate and of course the body is rough..Question is about the rubber plug on the tranny, is it for oil?I was going to use marval mystery oil...couldnt find info in owners manual...man this thing is cool..except for the stuped ez start setup, hell the moter wires rub the spur and fall offf gonna revamp that

G
#2 ·
Don't put oil in your tranny, you want a light silicone bassed, or lithium grease. Mip makes some nice black stuff for gear boxes. Put the Marvel Mystery oil in your engine, a few drops down the venturi when you are done running for the day and then turn it over a few times to work it in. The main thing is that you don't want to run to thick of grease in your tranny, and no they are not oil filled. Hope this helps.

Quit Honking, I'm reloading!

G
#3 ·
That little rubber thing is the screw to adjust and set your 2 spped tranny. It took me a little to figure that out too on mine. I just got mine in November of '01 so I'm liken it a lot. Im getting a new 4.5 mm thick chasis, full line of RPM parts for it, some Imex J-Hawgs tires, a proline Cj-8 body (didn't have a Commando body :mad: ) and some other goodies.
E-Mail Me some time with some pics. of ur truck in action if u can.
Thanks
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.