Stearing servo? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stearing servo?

I blew my steering servo today!!! What is a good servo to get. I have a RC10GT, my friend told me to get a gear reduction servo and said it would last longer and have better steering. What do you think, and what is a good brand?
thanks,

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stearing servo?

I don't know which servo is the best.Probably any of the Futaba servos are good.Try and get one that matches the one you have been using though.(If your happy with its performance that is).I tryed to upgrade the steering servo on my Maximum ST and it was a much quicker servo which would make the truck loop out every time I tryed to turn it.Dialing out the steering would not even help.So theres something for you to think about.There are many different ones.Good luck.....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 11:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I didnt think about that, so if the steering is to responsive you would spin out. I will have to keep that in mind.
thanks,

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 06:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

maybe you could try loosening up your servo saver bellcrank so it takes a little more of the impact.

Tom Klippenstein
Don't call me sir, dammit i work for a living!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 03:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What brand of radio do you have now, high torque servos are expensive. I have always used Futaba Radio Gear and never had a problem yet. I think that airtronics uses a different wiring pattern than Futaba and others, but am not sure. Regular servos are only about fifteen bucks and make sure to go name brand. If you are not running a servo saver, you should be.
Hope this helps.

Blackhawk Football Rules!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Get a servo with metal gears, I used to roast steering servos on my GT just by pulling the starter cord! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Hitec makes some nice servos, and a company called Cirrus (look in the catologs in the back of Radio Controlled Car Action) makes a high-torque metal-gear servo with a clear case [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] for about $25.</font color=blue>

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 11:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i also have a rc10gt and my old steering servo stripped out!i have the rtr version w/hitec radio, its not the best but i have no complaints. but when my servo died i replaced it with a high torque servo , and man this guy doesnt even work hard. less labor it does the longer hours it should be able to work, right. it is tower hobbies # hrcm1043 and it was only like $25 to $30. (the book says $40 but i know i didnt pay that much!) i like it a lot and i run my truck HARD!! even the walls at the track only take axles! and there only a couple buck each.

jay 88 v-6 3 body and 33x12.50's cooper m/ts
detroit ez in rear
on board air air tank rear bumper
http://www.njfourwheelers.com/pictur...es/toyota5.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode