T-Maxx Breakage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2000, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

T-Maxx Breakage

Okay folks, here is what we have or has broken on this model after a 6 tanks of fuel.

EZ-Start: Slips at times. A good cleaning fo all components seems to be the fix. The instructions call for a light, hi-temp grease on the gears but, we think this is working it's way down to the one way bearing that engages the crankshaft.

Body mount pylons: We broke one and constantly bend the others. I don't think the cage depicted in another post protects this are adequately.

Fuel Inlet and High Speed Jet: We ran the truck without the body a few times. On one event, we did a very nasty top speed, end over end flip. I think the car slammed on the top a little too hard and as a result bent this piece which also damaged the threads on the carb body.

Lower, Right, Front A-Arm: We broke this at the link pin on the inside. Reflecting damage on real off-road race cars, this is common on A-Arm cars when hitting huge, imoveable objects. We have done a lot of that.

Overall, this car is still extremely rugged. Unfortunately, the Traxxas parts line is a total and comlplete frustration. I have yet to make proper contact with anyone at Traxxas.

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: T-Maxx Breakage

<font color=blue>Ditch the easy start. Everybody i know with a traxxas nitro equiped with easy start has had them strip gears frequently</font color=blue>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 02:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i'VE never tried the pull start's. I have a OFNA blazer .21 Nova Rossi--didn't come with a pull start but I've been looking at the newer .21's with pull starts. Any recommendations? My blazer is about 3 or 4 years old. Still runs great though. I did the same breaks on the a - arm's. I hit a tree this winter while playing with it in the snow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Patrick...

I did some more investigating, and this is why my local shop does not carry the T-Maxx is because of parts supply problems...

Hopefully this is something Traxass will fix soon...

Buzz

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=red> Bad Boyz Drive Bad Ass Toyz </font color=red>
http://www.geocities.com/canuckbuzz
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i know this is an old post but im new to this portion of the board (frequent the chevy one). anyways this is weird because my hobby shop i just bought my nitro stampede at said the reason he carrys mostly traxxas stuff is becasue of their great service. he quit carry Losi because they have horrible parts availibility and service but he has never had a problem with traxxas.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Mike ~
"The more I learn about women the more I like my TRUCK!" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Problems with Losi, sounds kind of wierd. I love my Losi GTX, I hit a full 1-liter of mountain Dew at an excess of 25MPH and only broke the knuckle. This thing sees mass carnage, and goes fast. I have never had a problem getting stock replacement parts for it. I go to a small hobby shop for it and they don't have MIP cvds for it, yet they have the factory universals. You can still get parts for the old cars to. The company with bad parts availibilty is Kyosho, I picked up an old monster truck for $17 and I thought I'd fix it and build it up, I cant get any of the parts I need, I can't even have them order them.
If you can't find parts, try Stormer Hobbies, in Glasgow MT. They have an enormous inventory.

If it ain't broke fix it till it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode