Traxxas T-Maxx - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2000, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

Traxxas T-Maxx

Stromin Norm and I christined my new T-Maxx today. We ran 2 tanks of gas through it and had a blast. This little critter is like a mini Trophy Truck. No fancy track is needed. Just find a dirt lot and go for it! Check out
www.t-maxx.com .

I think Norm is now out looking for a T-Maxx right now.

Patrick J. Chicas

Rubicon Media Group, Inc. - Off-Road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2000, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Traxxas T-Maxx

Congrats on the new RC. I still have my old Clod Buster monster truck (dual engine electric) and recently aquired a Nitro 4wd racer called the Hotshot. They are a blast!

Shawn

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2000, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Patrick..

What do you think of the Traxxas?? I have been looking for one as everything I have read about it says its the 4x4 gas truck of the future.... I've hit a couple local spots here are they are not selling em..

I bought a RC10 GT a few months ago, but wish I held off for the Traxxas...

Later

Buzz

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=red> Bad Boyz Drive Bad Ass Toyz </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2000, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

These things are a blast!

In the sense of real off-road vehicles I am very familiar with off-road, desert race trucks. Watching the suspension of these little monsters reminds me of the big race trucks in Baja. The soak up just about everything you can throw at them.

Hobbie People on w. Sahara in Las Vegas had at least a dozen of these rigs on the shelf a day ago.

I'll be adding a few upgrade items fairly soon which may be featured on ORC. Please check back regularly.

Patrick J. Chicas

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2000, 06:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

that looks lke a fun truck! i have always had electric but i am going to get gas the next time i get a truck. i think i will look at traxxas next. i have had numerous tamiya electrics and a losi JRXT, and an associated RC10t. all were fun but gas has progressed so much that i think it is what i want next.

Tom Klippenstein

And you didn't think i could make it through?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 01:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Tom..
Sounds like you and me we're in the same boat. I used to build and race R/C's for a living. I had 5 at one time. Everything from Grasshoppers to Schumacher Cats and JRXT's. I have been out of it for years and decided to get back into it and wanted to go gas. Got sick of the 3 minutes to a battery. I have a RC10 GT now but it still has been hardly used. Seen lots on the Traxxas though and it rocks. I even have oneof the R/C magazines and they just rave about it.

I'll be in Vegas this weekend, so depending on how the gamboling goes I may have to pick one up since none of my local shops here seem to have it..

Later

Buzz

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=red> Bad Boyz Drive Bad Ass Toyz </font color=red>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 05:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i love messing with rc trucks. i have messed with them since i was about 13 (10 years off and on). i just got to the point that they were costing me as more as my toyota and my dirtbike. i got out of it about a year and a half ago, although i still like the hobby.i know what you mean with a 3 min run time, you get a 7 cell and and a modified 13 turn triple motor and it will suck the batteries down. damn its alot of fun though. when i get back into it i am going to gas. i had the original model of the JRXT with the graphite flat chassis. it was a sweet truck, especially for it's time. i alwways wanted a scumacher cat, i thought those were awesome. did you ever have a hornet? they are the most indesructible cars ever built. remember the old hotshot?

hey pjc, maybe you should combine the two rc forums into one.

Tom Klippenstein

And you didn't think i could make it through?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 06:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ha got you all beat... Back in the day we didn't have nitro or gas... And we walked up hill both ways to school in the snow...God, over 15 years ago I had the origional Tamaya Rough rider... Basicaly a 1/10 scale bug.. Used to race it in full modified with a full cage big ole shocks, nylon arms front and rear... The amount I spent on the thing I could have had a real one...Then 5 years later the first RC-10 came out.. Man was that awsome!!!!

-Troy <font color=red>'WeaZle' </font color=red> McCarty
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2000, 07:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know what you mean...

I started with A hornet, one of the toughest RC's I seen. Moved to a Bigwig (first 4x4), and on and on from there... I was the first person in Alberta to have a RC10, it was the wildest thing anyone ever seen (I picked it up in the states before It was released in Canada). Wild unit. Then I got my Shumacher cat (Most expesive one I had bought), I could do anything with that unit. Then the RC10 got a little old and it was time to switch to a JRX2.

Then after not using them for years I sold them all off, and was out of the RC life untill about 3 months ago when I bought one of the new RC10GT's (Gas) This thing rocks.... Well it did, I'm having probs getting it started now... (Miss the ease of Electric - But don't miss running my 3 minute battery packs) I really like being able to just filler back up and go.

IN my hometown we used to have an RC shop with an indoor track. Next thing I know I'm working there, selling and building cars. Plus we'd rent out cars to people to use on our track.. What a blast probably best job I ever had... Plus I got to design and build the tracks for all our local races. Ahh the memories...

Now I want to get back into it all, so I have decided a Traxxas will be bought this weekend, along with all the upgrades I can get for it.... I'll let ya know how it all works out...

Buzz

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2000, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
pjc
Enthusiast

Buzz,

You'll dig the T-Maxx. No track is needed whatsoever. Just find some open space and go for it. It's probably alt more rugged than the RC10. I know that I hit some large objects already with no damage apparent.

Cheers

Patrick J. Chicas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode