My engines stuck!! please help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Stranger

My engines stuck!! please help

i got a rc car from one of my friends and i fixed it, and now im putting it back together but i realised that the sticky stuff (maybe the fuel???) made the inside of the engine really stuck, i can move it around when i pull the starter, its just wayyyy hard to pull out, any tips on how to fix the problem????
Thanks alot guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Stranger

Re: My engines stuck!! please help

Hey guys, i got it. I took off the glow plug, put fuel in it, then i tried turning it over and pulled so hard that the knot holding the little handle on the starter string gave out and the string went in the little...uhhh storage place for the string?? i dont know if that has a name. So i had to take off the cover for that and had to let the spring/coil pop out had to reinstall that, then a half hour later tried to pull it again and it came loose. put my car back together and it started right up, i was very suprised becuase the car hadnt run in years. I drove it for 5 mins then it got dark so im gonna take it for a run today, hope all goes well
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: My engines stuck!! please help

those little engines are quite simple. very basic parts that are easily replaced. it might be a good idea to go ahead and take it apart at least most of the way, I"d leave the sleeve and piston in, but take it abart and clean it well, then reassemble. Also, so prolong engine life, you might want to use after run oil in the engine when you're done playing. These little gizmos are pretty fun huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode