Off Roading Forums banner

Gas tank flaw?

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  u4ia4 
G
#1 ·
i have a team associated gt 4.6 truck, and at half a tank it will always die and when i check the fuel line i have no gas...but i still have half a tank. will it just not suck gas after half a tank or is there a piece messed up in the tank?

#2 ·
it sounds like your lid's not sealed properly. check the spring on the lid. Also check the fitting on the muffler for the fuel line and see if its tight. A loose fitting can make it stop like that also.

#3 ·
I've got the same truck and do not have this problem. I have replaced my fuel tank when i shattered it landing on a curb. i took apart the old one to see how it works and there is a nifty little device in there that allows it to draw fuel from the bottom of teh tank, and then when it flips over, it draws from the top of the tank. if that little gizmo is damaged, then it might just be sucking from the top all the time. A new tank $20 bucks i think.

First check for leaks though as mentioned above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.