getting into RC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

getting into RC

I'm getting an rc soon, and want something that has enough power to dig into the ground, tear out grass, etc, etc. Basically if I set it loose in the backyard I wanna tear the grass out and leave some ruts lol. I'm just looking to have a little fun when I'm not wheeling the yukon.

point me in the right direction [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: getting into RC

I would look at a T-Maxx. Ready to run and electric start and a reverse. o and 40 + mph
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 12:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my cuz has a e-max and a t-max there both tuff...i like the e-max cuz it more reliable..the e-max is the same thing but electric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm looking at the new ASavage.. biggest engine and just a mean looking truck.

William Miranda
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 11:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go for a T-Maxx, I have the first type which didnt have enough power, so I converted it to a .21 engine. The new engine is supposed to be much stronger, allthough, I have not run one yet. Either way - the handling is great for bashing around or racing at a track. With a little work and tuning, it can handle huge jumps and some pretty bad crashes and keep going.
With the .21 engine you will also get wheelies on demand if you want - [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]Check It Out!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I went with the Associated MGT 4.60. its got a .28 engine in it which delivers plenty of power. I am very happy with the power and rediculously strong nature of it. It is very rare that parts break. my only regret is that my buddies have traxxas vehicles and the EZstart system. if i was going to do it over again, i might get a traxxas for that reason. I always drill start mine, but it does have a pull start as well. its just handy to carry the EZstart thing and a drill is less convenient
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Addict

I have two kyosho infernos. One is an mp6 and the other is a tr15. Both are fun and I keep up with the traxxas guys with both. Although I have trouble keeping up with the Jato [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:00 PM
speedtrash

if you wanna race cheap i'd go with an ofna dominator, i bought one instead of a t-maxx. that was the best decision i ever made. the only thing i've broken on that thing was the front skid plate, and the aluminum center mount for the chassis stiffeners, dogbones and i blew out my rear diff. it's got a hyper 21 that puts out more than enough power to be competative.

if you want a pretty show truck with plenty of shiny hopups go with one of the popular trucks all over the mags

p.s. the only reason the chassis stiffener mount broke was because of too many 11 foot jumps, backflips and bottom out landings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode