My T-Maxx Set up - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2002, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My T-Maxx Set up

Hi, my name is Jay and I'm 14. You might know my dad if your into the Jeep section of this web-site. His name is Len Dickson and has the red Jeepster Commando with the making of Dana 44s and Detroit Lockers setup. Well, I got my own toy, and it's a T-Maxx. I just want to tell some people my setup and get their oppinion on how it sounds. I just recently recked it on Christmas Day and just getting it running due to some EZ Start smoking concerns(e-mail me for details), but any way, I just got done putting on my pull starter, a great gift from my brother, and was running up and down the road. Playing in the snow and what not, I was just having some fun. One was of freinds stopped by, and seen my Maxx and got the idea to race it in his OldsMobile. Well, off we go and I am pulling away strong, due to the ice on the road, when, oh no, your worst night mare, the batteries in the controller go dead. As I ran up to my freinds car, so he could drag me on the ice to chase it, I got that sudden chill of what if this, and what if that. Well, to my relief, it hit a parked car instead of going into a busy intersection in my neighborhood. In the end, bent chassis, and a bunch of broken stock parrts. So off to work I go for 2 months until I collect my money. Now off to my dad I go for the credit card, >, so I can order my parts. Although I haven't actually ordered my parts yet, here is what I'm getting. From RPM I'm ordering 2 shock towers, 3 set skid plate combo, bulkhead braces, and 4 sets of A-Arms. From MegaTech, one 4.5 mm aluminum chassis, two aluminum chassis braces, and one aluminum sterring bell crank and servo skid plate. From Pro Line, I got the all new, one of a kind, CJ-8 Jeep body for my truck. From Imex tires, I got the J-Hawgs tires for that rugged rock crawling look, and from T&D Motor Sporrts, I got the 350 piece screw kit. Total come out to allitle over or a little under $360 out of my $400 dollars. I hurts me to have so much money, but it is burning a hole in my pocket, and I got to get my Maxx running so I can take it with me to Moab, Utah for a Jeep Meeting me and my dad are going to on the 21st of April. To come for my truck, I'm getting a HotBodies .18 engine for it, and some new rims ( no decisions made yet). All in all, it should be worth it in the end. Oh, also I am making or buying a snow plow for it so I can get some extra money during winter. If you could tell me your comments, that would be great.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode