Running A Little Warm - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Running A Little Warm

Ok, I have my ESP Clodzilla IV full race kit with a trinity 4400mah clod buster pack, 2 speed gems saphires wired in parallel to the super rooster esc. After about 5 minutes of running the electrical tape on my wires starts smoking and all the solder joints fall apart. It's the wires from the batteries to the esc. the motor wires arent getting that warm at all but the batt. wires you can't even touch. Do I need to get larger power leads for my batt. to solve this or is there another problem?

Jason
Big Willy Style

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 07:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Running A Little Warm

you mention electrical tape on your wires. do you have connectors of some kind on there or are you just twisting the wires together? If you have not upgraded any of the wiring on your clod i would recommend that. i'm running dean's plugs on all my connections and have upgraded to dean's " wet noodle " wire. super flexable and great wire. I have run 2000 batteries with no problem, but i have not run a 4400. Are you using stock pinion gears? If you have gone to a higher gear, that could be your problem too. If none of this helps, write back and we'll try something else.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

All the connections are soldered with no connectors in between at all except for the battery connector which is a deans connector. I used all deans wiring except for what came on the battery pack. That is what I am thinking of replacing with some deans. Think that will work? The electrical tape is rapped around the back of the deans connectors where the wires are soldered on so they cause a short. The shrink rap kept sliding down when I unplugged the connectors. Oh yeah, my radio is still all twitchey. I guess I'll buy a new one or something. It's an airtronics rival 2p am. And yes, I am using the stock pinions.

Jason
Big Willy Style

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 07:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

does the wiring after the deans plug get warm also? or is it just the battery side? Does the super rooster get warm to the touch? I'm going to have to refer to you some people that have alot more knowledge than i do about it. I've exhuasted my possibilities. Try http://www.rcmt.net, they can probably sort it out for you.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

The wiring after the plug got warm but nothing like before the plug. the solder joint on the bat. side is what melted. That's why I assume it's the small wire on the battery pack that's doing it. The speed control gets very warm. I'll try them out.

Jason
Big Willy Style

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode