Which Motors for my zilla? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Which Motors for my zilla?

Just got my Clodzilla IV full race kit and super rooster. Need motors now. I was looking at the Trinity Chameleon Pro motors. Do I buy any motor for the front and just reverse the polarity for the reverse rotation or will this not work on all motors? Which motors do you recomend? I like speed.

Jason

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 12:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Which Motors for my zilla?

on a "modified" motor you can change the "timing" of the motor to change the rotation. this is done by rotating the endbell. your best bet is to get a reverse wound motor that way it was designed to run backward.

Tom Klippenstein
life is short, drink good beer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as motors, i would ask you this. do you want more speed or more torque? For speed, Speed Gems Saphires are a popular choice, the are 17 x 1 and have 0 timing. In order to reverse the rotation, pull the endbell and rotate it 180 degrees. For more torque, opt for the Magnetic Mayhems. they area 22 x 1 with 0 degrees timing. With the Magnetic Mayhems, they sell a motor that is reverse rotation. just buy one reverse and one regular and you'll be set to go. If you want a little more info on the Zilla, check out this website http://www.rcmt.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used the Speed Gem Saphire's in my USA-1 They are a blast. They do have lots of torgue to climb almost anything but the speed was deffently there. Turned it into just 2 wheel stering because of the speed. as Mongoose said it all depends on what you plan on doing with it.

LOCO

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Mmmk, I received my new speed gems 17T motors from fed ex yesterday and installed them. I am running a Novak Super Rooster ESC. The acceleration is very jumpy and not smooth at all. And when i let go of the throttle (in neutral) the truck jerks back and forth like crazy. I did the setup on the ESC like 4 times. What could be causing this? I wired the 3 capacitors to each motor like it said and everything. This is my first time setting up an ESC and non stock motors. Help!!! I got this thing to full speed and couldn't believe the difference from before.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 07:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sounds like a glitch in your radio system. Make sure your antenna is not touching any metal. Try moving your antenna to another spot on the truck. Are you running an aftermarket chassis? If those suggestions don't help, let us know and we'll try something else.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I have a ESP Zilla IV Full Race Chassis. I had the antennae rapped around the rear body mounts. I will move it and see what happens. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 07:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard of some people getting interference with the antenna like you have it. do you have the alumminum mounts or are they plastic?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

They are the alluminum ESP grave digger body mounts. There is no place to mount an antennae tube.

Jason
Big Willy Style

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 07:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you have not tried this board yet, try it. There is a lot of great information on it and great people. They will be glad to help give you some advice. There is a section just about the clod, even an area moderated by Eric, the owner of ESP. I have been active on the board for about 2 years now. Great people over there.

http://www.rmct.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode