CLOD fell down and went boom! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

CLOD fell down and went boom!

Well, I was cruising my clod around the second floor apartment over our new garage which just finished getting framed and decided a nice slow trip down the stairs couldn't hurt. I was wrong.

Jason

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Re: CLOD fell down and went boom!

Oh yeah, forgot to tell what all I broke: 1 Axle Tube, 2 Shocks, 1 Link, 1 Solder Joint on Speed Control, and all 4 body mounts. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Jason

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HAHAHAHA [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] THATS DAMNED HILARIOUS.. I ramped my RC10T2 off the balcony and it did it fine a 6 ft ramp

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 12:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OOPS!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tom Klippenstein
life is short, drink good beer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 09:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Holy crap I've never seen anyone break and axle tube on one of them! What did it look like before it broke? </font color=blue>

<font color=blue>355, SM465/NP205, 14 bolt ff/detroit/TSM disks, Dana 44 HD, 4" lift + trimming, 36" Swamper Radials</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

I don't have any pics of it before with the alluminum links and new shocks. I have a few stock pics but thats it. When I crashed it, I had only had the new links/shocks on for about 3 days. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I am in the process of building some cantalivers right now for the shocks and I just had the shocks kinda stuck on there for now and the way I mounted them wasn't too strong and when it was about half way down the stairs the back end came up and as soon as it did one flip the rear shocks broke free and that caused the rear axle to become the twisted mess you see. I'll throw it back together tomorrow and take some pics. The body was destroyed in the roll. Bout 12 pieces. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I am waiting for my ESP Clod Power Up motors to come in for the thing. Starting next weekend I will start my tube frame for the thing which should only take a few days since I've built quite a few. Oh yeah, and anybody out there with a Clod and running a standard 6 cell pack getting around 10 minutes or less runtime, get the Trinity Clodbuster batt. pack. On the stock 540 motors I average 25-30 minutes.

Jason

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 08:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd say you were in need of some parts!! I agree, it is time for a new chassis. what kind of tube chassis are you going to build? You mention having built a few. have any pics? As far as your run time you are doing good with the big battery and stock motors. upgrade to a super rooster and you will get considerably better. I don't think the stock speed control will handle the power ups. here is pic of mine. getting about 10 - 12 minutes run time with a 2000 pack , magnetic mayhems, and super rooster.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

I have a super rooster in my shopping cart at Tower Hobbies right now just have to hit that submit button.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have the ESP Clod Power up motors on back order. Said early Jan. but that has come and gone along time ago. The other tubes I built I have since sold but I have one I am about 3/4 done with for my Nitro USA-1. I'll post it tonight if I get a chance. All I had to get was a new axle tube from Tower Hobbies which took 1 day to get here and it was 4 bucks for 4 of them. It's all fixed except for the crappy mech. speed control. Right after I got the new batt. I ran at full speed down the street and heard a pop and saw lots of smoke coming from the speed control. I had to re-wire it since most of it was melted together. I now have full speed forward and reverse and thats it. But it works. My tubes are made of 1/8" steel rod. Looks more scale than the 1/4" brake line and such and is much stronger. I MIG weld them together so they are very strong and much lighter than most.

Jason

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 09:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

good looking tube frame. One thing you might want to check on. Alot of people use the saphire gem motors. They are 17 x 1 motors and provide some good speed and torque. another popular option is the magnetic mayhem motors. They are 22 x 1 motors in a 550 can. They provide some great torque. both are alot cheaper than the ESP power ups.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode