Thinking about starting again - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 04:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thinking about starting again

I've been out of this sport for a while. My last car was a Mugen Super Athlete. Way too spendy for my budget now. I am looking for something like the HPI RS4 MT, Anything out there better? What is the prognosis on this machine?

Any imput would be nice. Just kicking the idea around, have to convince the lady first.

Snake

Join the 50 cal. Club! Our motto: Why run, you'll only die tired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2000, 03:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thinking about starting again

Ok, so how about this question:

Does anybody have any opinions on any of the current RC's out there? I am interested in getting back into the sport, and want to know what your opinions are!

Thanks
Snake

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know if you would be interested at these items but there going to go cheap
RC10http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=534453609
Big Bearhttp://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=534474441
Boomeranghttp://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=534364743
[url]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 05:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually I've decided on a Traxxas E-MAXX, but thanks for the info, its grately appreciated!

Snake

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Was that E-MAXX or T-MAXX? The T-MAXX is cool, but a little underpowered. I am partial to Losi myself, diehard fan. The quality of my Losi kit far exceded the qualtiy of my traxas kit. Another thing to consider with Traxas is that their plastic Universal driveshafts suck. at least the older ones do. they didn't last more than a month with much abuse. I would also munch a planetary diff every two months, especially with a lot of jumping. Before you get a truck, decide exactly what you are going to do with it. Monster trucks are slow, My stadium truck will go so fast I can't top it out, even in a parking lot. Stadium trucks are the masters of jumping to.
One last thing. Nitro is faster and more powerful. Electric is cleaner and easier, just plug it in and go, kinda nice sometimes. For me I just love the sound.
Hope this helps.

Quit Honking, I'm reloading!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

for the best info on RC Monster trucks check out

http://www.rcmt.net

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 04:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That was E-MAXX, the electric version. I have had Nitro in the past, and yes they are the masters of air time, only problem, they break too much.(or I drive too hard) I thought about the T-MAXX, but I don't want the hassle fuel right now. I just want to be able to charge up, and go.

A friend has the 1/4 scale 4x4 monster truck, MAJOR woody! But I think 4 grand for something you can't ride in, or on for that matter, is a bit excessive.

Snake

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 04:22 PM

They are having a few probs with the ESC and Motors on the E-Maxx right now. Minor issues in a way. Traxxas's support is OUTSTANDING. Go with the T-maxx in my opinion. I love mine and wouldn't get rid of it for nuthin. I've cartwheeled it, flipped it off jumps, and hit a curb and a tree head on, and haven't broke a thing yet.

The T-maxx is out selling all other trucks at a ratio of around 5:1. They are awesome. Trust me.

Go hear. It's the mother of T-maxx/E-maxx message boards bar none!!!!!!! http://pub13.ezboard.com/fmaxximumtr...axximumtraxxas

Jim 84XtraCab
"Don't sweat the small stuff" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode