Conversion? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 01:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Conversion?

Has anyone converted a gas powered car into an electric? Glow plugs are getting a little expensive.

thanks,

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 02:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Conversion?

<font color=blue>Lean out those needles a little and you wont burn through glow plugs as fast. I got a 12 pack from Tower Hobies last year and i've used 4 so far.</font color=blue>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am leaning it out thats not the problem. Some how my engine is overheating and breaking the coil inside the glow plug, so beats me. I've richened the low and highspped mixture, cut out the windows, cleaned the airfilter, I have no idea what makes my engine overheat so much. Sorry I know this is the Electric RC page. Thanks for the info though.

Kevin
&lt;&gt;&lt;

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 01:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

i called associated one time to ask about converting my rc10t to gas. the told me to buy the cheapest model sport rc10gt and install my upgraded shocks and bearings etc onto it. i'm sure that you could do the same if you want to. i got really burnt out on electric. battery packs lasting 5~8 minutes, charging them for 20 mins, motors etc are really kind of a pain. i'd bet it would be much cheaper for you to just replace the engine itself or to buy a whole new electric car.
what kind of car is it anyway?
don't worry about the post being on teh electric page, i think it is kind of silly that the pages are seperate. IMO they don't have enough traffic on them to be seperate and them both being together would be better.

Tom Klippenstein
Don't call me sir, dammit i work for a living!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode