i need some advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 05:10 PM
72dreamer

i need some advice

ok. do any of you own a radio shack rc car or truck? specifically the eradicator? i have a problem. you see, my wife bought me this truck 2 christmas' ago and it blew up on me. i was chasing ducks with it and all of the sudden it just popped and stopped.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
how do i figure out what's wrong with it? radio shack doesn't carry it anymore.....but! they have a pt cruiser that's is the same thing except for the body. now i can buy that and switch out the bodies (easiest way) or the motors (harder way). should i just switch out the body?

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 03:00 AM

Re: i need some advice

Ok, well, on those cars they usually make a little pcb (pc board) that has the speed control, radio, steering controller, and everything else all built into it. And for the motor speed control there are usually transistors. And they get hot, and more than likely what you heard was a trans. frying. You can test them and see if they are blown and find replacements with similar value but I think your better off just buying a new one. Did you ever think about buying a reg. rc car 2 channel radio? You can get one with 1 servo and a speed control for around 75 bucks. Then just rig up the servo to steer the front wheels which would be simple and wire the speed control to the motor. And rip all that stock electronics crap out of there. Then only thing left to break is motor, but if you use the proper battery pack you should never have a prob with that unless you burn it up with too much load.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.projectbigwilly.com

http://usor.topcities.com<---Rezzy Joe

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode