Small Essay - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Rally / Enduro All discussion of Off-Road Enduro, Cross Country and Rallye events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Small Essay

I posted this in the Dirtbike forum and people are reading it. I don't claim to be a writer, just had some time. It's all in fun.

Enduro Racing
First Five Minutes.

Your on the start line, the flag is dropped. You kick start your bike, it takes two kicks then fires. Twist the throttle, up shift to 2nd, third , then fourth. Brake slide and downshift for a tight right hand turn, two guys go down in front of you, let off the brake and straighten up to keep from bouncing your back tire into the riders head. Make the corner, itís a down hill run, slippery and filled with tree roots, bikes in front and behind trying to pass. Make a left hand turn. Get passed, fly through two trees, bang the left hand guard because the bike didnít fit, hit the gas for a short strait. Through a mud hole, get stuck, get off, pull/drag it out, restart then go like mad. Tight right hand, then a rocky uphill. A rider goes down in front of you, your too close and thereís no where else to go so you fall down too. Pick it up. Try to restart on a hill. It fires, and you take off. Youíre sweating and already covered with mud. Goggles fogged so you take them off. Thatís the first five minutes. You have to love it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 03:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Small Essay

Dang, that was pretty good. I actually got into it. I thought the last lines were the best, especially the part about the goggles fogging up, it's just the first 5 minutes, and you gotta love it.

BooRunner (Ed)
[email protected]
http://members.aol.com/equin44484/boorunnerpage.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode