Anyone know of Florida Enduro's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Rally / Enduro All discussion of Off-Road Enduro, Cross Country and Rallye events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone know of Florida Enduro\'s?

Would love to try one but cannot make it to Nevada. Maybe at "The Crooms" north of Tampa or in the Ocala National Forest?
Is there much amateur participation in the big races (Baja1000) or mostly pro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 07:27 PM

Re: Anyone know of Florida Enduro\'s?

I don't know of any Florida "enduros", but I've heard of an annual event at the Ocala National Forest called Safarithon, or something like that. I believe it's held once a year in the spring time where they have timed, obstacle-course-like off-road and outdoor events.

As far as amateur participation at the SCORE races in Baja, I don't know. We've all heard of the Trophy Truck professional teams, such as the ones that made Ivan "the Ironman" Stewart, Robby Gordon, Larry Ragland, etc., famous. I've never been to a Baja race, but a buddy of mine at work once raced a motorcycle many years ago in the Baja 1000, and he was not a "pro". Plus, I understand many teams welcome any kind of volunteer "pit" help during the races. Be sure to check out the message board at www.race-dezert.com . Lots of good racing info on that forum.

By the way, with your screen name as JAXPCS, are you by any chance from Jacksonville? I used to live in Palatka, just north of the Ocala National Forest.

Take care,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode