Problems with Weldtec Designs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 12:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Problems with Weldtec Designs

Hello,
Can anybody help with some questions regarding WeldTec Designs located 10031 Prospect Ave. suite e; Santee Ca.I was hoping a few more people will come forward? I had Mr.Jeremy Johnson do a lot of work on my 95 F-150, coil-overs, air-bumps, bent beams, everything! I've had the truck out twice and broke twice. 1st in Pismo Beach, I broke a lower shock mount and had to get it welded up to get home. 2nd I just got back from Glamis and I broke a front axle. I started to get suspicious so I took the truck to four well known off-road fabricators to get their opinions, All of them had the same conclusion, that the truck was declared unsafe. The Geometry of the truck was completely wrong. The steering they say is a death trap, they found loose bolts, he didn't use any washers to back any of the bolts. He welded my beams at the completely wrong angles. All of the 4-shops said, everything needs to come out, and be rebuilt new beams, arms, shock hoops etc. the only thing they can salvage is the coil-overs and the air-bumps. I am in contact with three other people in the same boat from Mr. Jeremy Johnson. My attorney Mr. Timothy Bender is working on a class action suit against Weldtec Desings. I am curious to know if any of you have had any other problems with your vehicles? If so can add your testomony to the suit. When I win you could recieve compinsation I'm on a mission to contact everybody in the off-road industry to gain any information about Weldtec Designs to help with our suit. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any information you can offer is greatly appreciated. Mr. Johnson should stick to making bumpers and tables, not fabricating death traps.

Sincerely,

James DeBello

760-724-2800 Office
760-754-4430 Home
760-803-8444 Mobile

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 07:38 PM
cleartoy

Re: Problems with Weldtec Designs

I have not had any work [email protected] Tec. I did purchase some National Springs from them, and they turned out to be very stiff. I know that springs need to be used and beaten on to break in some, so im not trippin on it. Especially since he didnt make them. They were supposed to be 62" springs, but they dont measure that eye to eye. I measured when i got home and the only way i can measure 62" is by putting the tape under the spring pack and to the middle of the outside of the spring eyes.

Good luck.

-cleartoy

Got sand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode