Dodge Pre-runner?!?! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 01:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dodge Pre-runner?!?!

I am considering buying one of the newer dodge rams and was wondering what lifts there are for the 2wd trucks. Also are the trucks any good for high speed off-roading and are they strong reliable trucks?

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 09:03 PM
Drew K1500

Re: Dodge Pre-runner?!?!

I have a few friends with these new dodge trucks and they seem really sturdy but you pay for it with a very heavy truck which doesn't add up to much of a prerunner. I saw a pretty killer ramcharger at prerunning for a motorcycle race. It seemed that the suspension was mostly custom a arms and springs. I do know that Fabtech makes a lift for it but its only 3" and really isn't prerunner quality. And I havent been able to find much in the way of Fiberglass for them either. So I think its weight would be the thing holding it back.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 02:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I see what your saying about weight. I want a truck that can do OK in the sand and in the dirt but mainly just something to haul my stuff to the desert and to do a little romping. What about lift spindles, are they any good?

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 06:04 PM
Drew K1500

I searched around for you and made some calls to "people in the know" and as of now no one can find any spindles for the fullsize. They do have them for the Dakota but the only thing for the fullsize is the 3" Fabtech springs and upper control arms. Ill keep looking.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 12:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found a 5" lift from California Super Trucks. It has lift spindles, A-arms and coils. I think I will go this way. I'll buy the spindles first, then a month or two down the road adter i have saved up some cash i'll buy the a-arms and spindlls. Thanks for all the help!!

Kevin
<><

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 05:11 PM
Drew K1500

WOW did you find this kit on their website? I really want top check it out. Anyhow are you going to sell your Nissan? WHat have you done to the Nissan?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 07:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah Drew I did find it on their site, its californiasupertrucks.com Also I am going to sell my Nissan. So far I have Custom upper and lower balljoints, Fabtech A-arms and 2" balljoint spacers. I have a magna flow exhaust and put a new trannie in it a 6 months ago. Over all its still in good condition. Hope i helped at all.

Kevin
<><

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode