Paddle pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 10:22 AM
cleartoy

Paddle pics

Just did some testing with my new paddles. They are Sand Tires Unlimited 14.50 Desert Traks, on 15x10s with 3.75" back spacing. They clear the frame fine. I was concerned before i put them on that they would rub but they dont.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1194032-MVC-010F.JPG (56.7 KB, 88 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Paddle pics

Looks like Ocotillo in the background. How'd it do going up Blow Sand!? [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Aprentice

Nice truck! How much better did the paddles work over the BFG's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 03:11 PM
cleartoy

Hey JR, you are right, its Ocotillo. Went there sat afternoon to test em out(not really ideal but i couldnt find anyone else that wanted to go out, so this is close to home).

For the first run, i set the tires at 10psi. I went up the easy side of Blowsand in 2nd gear all the way. I then went up the steep side in 2nd till about 20-30 ft from the top and had to drop in to 1st and made it.

I took a break at the top and watched a bunch of bikes and trucks tear the hill up so i tried and had to air down to make the steep side again. I tried 8 and I got the front tires almost to the top and down shifted and dug in. I backed down the hill, went to 5psi and made it. Found a nail in one of the tires so i went home.

I must say the paddles make a noticeable difference, even in a low HP Toyota. It just feels like its floating and staying on top of the sand rather than digging a hole to China like aired down BFGs.

In the flats, the tires light up in 1st gear, but grab in 2nd.

Welp, cant wait to hit Glamis and Rasor Road next month for some long term sand testing. Ocotillo is so rocky, i hate to run em there.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 06:15 PM
imported_BigDust

hey i live less than a hour from Glamis and it is great to ride there. But i am looking for new places to go. Where is Rasor Road. And do you know any other good places to ride around glamis. thanks <font color="blue"> </font color>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 09:50 AM
4xbrian

Nice truck! Got any more pics? Im living in florida right now, so I'm using the time away to build up my truck a little and Im looking for ideas.... Im really missing Ocotillo

95 Tacoma 2.7L 4wd
~4xbrian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode