Which One Should I Get? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:20 PM
imported_BigDust

Which One Should I Get?

I want to get a new truck soon and I wanted to buy a dodge dakota and make it into a pre runner but i have recently found out that the stuff to make a dakota a prerunner doesnt exist and i would have to fabricate it all myself and i can't do that. So now i am stuck with either buying a v-8 dakota and putting a lift and making my own bumpers and putting on lights and the other performance stuff, or buying a newer Chevy S-10 with a v-6 and making it into A pre runner because i know that they make the stuff for a S-10 pre runner. I want the power and tow ability of the dakota, but i also want the fun of the s-10. I have a banshee and a dirtbike so i can have fun there but a pre runner is also good, right? The biggest catch is that i still need this to be a daily driver truck. So what do you guys suggest that i do, andif you can give me places where i can get this stuff to do this i would appreciate it. thanks for your time. <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Which One Should I Get?

BOTH trucks will be difficult to lift. There is nothing easy about either. From what I can see the Dodge has several configurations, and the S-10 is both under-marketed and has weird geometry.

Have ya considered a Toyota or a different full-size? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] At least there's a strong following for the Toy crowd, with Total Chaos, et. al.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:30 PM
imported_BigDust

Actually i have considered a toyota tacoma or a tundra. they are what i really want but they are a lot more expensive and harder to find a good deal on. Besides a lot of people are starting to get them and i was looking for something that noone around here really has. But i would still like one though if i could find 1 for the right price i would get it, mainly because of there dependability though. thanks again for your suggestions <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Addict

Get a mid 90's Ranger.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:30 PM
cleartoy

CST has a kit for the S 10s. The kit itself isnt that great, running a coil spring with a puny shock inside it. Most people modify that kit to also be uniball on the bottom, notch\dish\plate the frame so you can run coilovers.

As you know, there is no long travel for the dakota.

Camburg and Total Chaos make Toyota kits.

Theres lots of ways to go for I beam Fords. A couple ways to go on A Arm Fords.

You said new, so.....

Also, nothing wrong with being different in general, however, you will always be plauged with difficult to find parts if you get a Dodge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode