Ford Ranger prerunner lift kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Stranger

Ford Ranger prerunner lift kit

I am looking for a good suspension lift for my 1991 Ranger 2WD to be able to take it off-roading. I want to fit at least 33" and like the idea of lots of wheel travel. How much do I need? How much does it cost? are just some of my questions. So right now I saw a Fabtech lift and a superlift kit that both look good. Which is better? why? anything else you reccomend is greatly appreciated.
Thank You Very Much
Bobby Lunsford

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 01:38 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Ford Ranger prerunner lift kit

Bobby,

check out Donahoe Racing @ http://www.donahoeracing.com. They make a killer lift for 2wd Rangers. Just remember that the better your kit is the more it will cost; keep that in mind. The ranger is a popular vehicle to lift and there are parts aplenty out there.

Personally, if I had a F*rd Ranger [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img], I would stay away from both Fabtech and Superlift. I keep getting confilicting reports on how well Fabtech performs and I just KNOW that something better is out there.

All in all you might be able to get the KILLER setup for around $3000-$4000.

Hope that helps...

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
My Web Page
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2000, 06:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Ford Ranger prerunner lift kit

my friend and i have been trying to figure out the least expensive way to get a moderate lift and lots of wheel travel. what we found:
1. bent I beams are the least expensive way to get lift with correct camber. i think the least expensive are $220 (exchange) from Donahoe in Anaheim (714)632-3033
2. extended radius arms are needed to get max travel. the price range varies from around $300 (fabtech) to more than $700 (from Donahoe) you do get more from donahoe but i dont know if you need it.
3.shock hoops are necessary. an engine cage if you plan on jumping. tied into a bumper to bumper cage if you plan on jumping ALOT (at least $1000 to even think about this kind of work)!
4.dont just trust the salesman who says these shocks fit your application. a good shop will do the work first then measure then order shocks...also..dont buy the cheepy shocks. get rebuildable ones with reseviors (sp?) if you plan on doing ANY jumping, expect to pay at least $150-200 PER SHOCK. i like bilsteins and the new sway-a-way race runners are very nice and resonably priced for how good they are (they start at $200)

Call every one, they are going to ask you what you want to do with your truck. and how much you can spend. this is necessary question. here are some numbers of shops in and around Orange county that do this kind of work:
- James Duff 909 305-0533 rangers and old broncos. custom(i think) and pre-fabbed
-Donahoe 714 632-3033 custom and pre-fab
-Autofab 619 562-1740 i dont know much about them
-Fabtech 714 870-9422 pre-fab and custom ($$$)fabtech has lots of stuf but poor customer service (i have a 3"fab tech lift on my toy). all but their extreem stuff ($$$) is more show than go and you get get everything cheaper somewhere else.
-Camburg their in huntington beach i lost their number. custom and pre-fab
-D.P.R. 626 454-1590 independant, custom mild to extreemly exotic setups. can order pre-fab from other shops

Good Luck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode