Nissan prerunner - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2000, 08:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nissan prerunner

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of prerunner Nissan trucks? I am trying to build a truck(first time), and no one knows anything about raising 2wd nissans(front only). Please send any pictures that you can. Email me at:[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Nissan prerunner

I know its a really old post but Spencer low racing Spencerlowracing.com has a few pics of nissan p/u.

'89 2wd p/u V6 5-speed longbed heavy duty model
Goodyear Wrangler A/T 235/75r15
15 X 8 Black Rockcrawler rims
Fabtech add-a-leaves
If I only had a 4wd
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 12:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

try prerunners.com they have a whole lotta pics and some of them are nissans. Its just kinda hard to get a single pic since they all the pics are put on a page, then put on the site. oh well hope i helped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's not true that nobody knows anything about raising Nissans. You need to talk to Jim Conner at Conner Racing Enterprises in Az. He was Nissan's factory builder when they were still in desert racing. I don't have his contact info, but he's a contingency sponser for SCORE and BITD so you should be able to find him off their websites. He's a nice guy and can likely help you out.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 12:05 AM
cleartoy

On a serious note my friend. I had a 93 Nissan 2wd, short bed, standard cab. The frame is way to thin for off roading. I broke the frame in half, broke shock mounts. Stock steering and suspension parts wore out very quick. And those 2 bolts that hold the cross shaft of the A arm to the frame....the holes which are threadded into the frame strip like crazy.

Im sure you dont want to hear this, but i think you would be much better off in the long run, starting with a platform
that had a stronger frame. Possibly a Toyota, or Ford Ranger.

This is just my opinion, you can take it or leave it. I suggest you ask some fabricators in your area what can be done to stengthen\reinforce the nissan frame, if you decide to go through with it.

Best regards my friend.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 12:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do not know about the frame thickness. I have compared the thickness to an older chevy 4x4 and they appear to be almost the same. I do know that mine has been jumped a few times without any problems.
I have had nothing but problems trying to get the front end aligned even with all new supsension and steering components. I love my truck but I need a more user friendly suspension. I cannot afford a Chevy ZR2 4x4 so i will stick with my Nissan

'89 2wd p/u V6 5-speed longbed heavy duty model
Goodyear Wrangler A/T 235/75r15
15 X 8 Black Rockcrawler rims
Fabtech add-a-leaves
If I only had a 4wd
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 06:24 PM
JSent

Oooh Oooh, I acquired a 84 Pickup that was prerunnered. Previous owner put in 9" Ford Rear Axle running 31's and remounted the control arms on the front. Most of this was done so that he could mount 10" Bilstein shocks. I can get pictures, lots of them. Most of the lift I believe is torsion bar tweak though (I figure this because I got good amount of drop but no up on the shocks)

JSent
Just lemme know what you want a picture of.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2002, 11:14 PM
JSent

Well no requests for pics yet, but I did find the truck below on this site. I also have a nissan advertisement featuring roger mears in an 85 pickup doing the baja thing, good shot of the front suspension, which i'll have scanned tommorow and find somewhere to post [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/featu.../82datsun.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Drew K1500

I had a 1991 Nissan that was extremely prerunnered and it held up very well. I ditchec the stock suspension and went with a custom a-arm setup that i designed and a machinist friend built. It never whimpered or whined at all. Wish i still had it. So whoever tells you that a Nissan cant be built is misguided!!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DrewK1500
Do you have nay pics of the a-arm setup you made. can you elaborate on the design a little? Like how and where you mounted the pickup points on the frame? Did your setup resemble any factory stuff like for GM or Ford applications as far as a-arm design? I have an 1989 2wd and I love it and its pretty durable. I feel that when I do off road the truck I might be close to the suspensions limitations and would really like to get something that is designed for off roading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode