Toyota Long-Travel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 10:25 AM
ARSON.INC

Toyota Long-Travel

I have an 86 toyota 2wd with camburg uppers and 26mm tortions. I'm looking to put Advanced Toyota Suspensions long travel kit on and was thinking of running 2.5" x 10.0" Kings, with eventually dual rate coil overs, and when I run coil overs should I keep my tortion bars or would they be unnecessary?? Does this sound like a good set up??? How difficult is it to install the long travel kit, compared to just the upper arms??
THANKS...any info will be helpful....Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 10:50 AM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Toyota Long-Travel

Wow. Sounds like some pretty killer and expensive shocks to put on it! I was going to do the same thing with my Toyota before I sold it. I was planning on getting Sway-A-Way RaceRunner shocks. I figured that I could get either 12" or 14" travel shocks and then put the coils on them. They were just going to be the 7/8" shaft and 2.5" shock body... If you plan on going with a 10" travel shock, make sure you get some good limiting straps...

From what I've seen of the ATS kits (and others), the difficult part is going to be mounting the lower arm to the spindles. But it isn't that hard. As long as you get good balljoints you should be all set up...

What are you planning on doing with the rear end?
As far as removing the torsion bars? It can be done and would probably help out a lot. I would research it some more and see what else can be done about it. I think Steve Reyling at TeamReyco had some pretty good ideas about this. I believe his site is http://www.teamreyco.com.

Hope that helps.

- J.R. -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode