92' Nissan - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 03:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

92\' Nissan

I have a 92' Nissan 2wd. And I am trying to lift the front as much as possible but am only getting 2" or 3" inches. I am looking for bigger lifts and also a dual shock mount but cant find any. Anyone have info please post.
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-1999, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 92\' Nissan

Have you tried Fab Tech? They make tons of sturr for Nissan 2wd.
Hope this helps
Rich

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-03-1999, 11:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I have Rich that is actually the lift I have onit right now and it works preety well, the only problem is that it wears out my ball joints really fast. but thanks for the input. I think we should try to get a lot more people on this Pre-runner bbs.

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 12:45 PM
Pooh-Bah

What kind of balljoints are you using? Perhaps you should get Uniballs or some other type of high shear balljoints?

You can get Uniballs from Kreg Donahoe @ http://www.donahoeracing.com

J.R. - http://jrsmail.home.att.net
Wanna buy me a race truck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-1999, 11:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree Pitt, although I have a 4wd, I love the look and the capabilities of a Prerunner. I am interested in getting a prerunner type front bumper for my '93 Hardbody. Any Ideas?
Thanks, Rich

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the fabtech 3 incher on my toyota (93) and its ok but the Sway-a-way torsion bars are really stiff. when i had mine jacked to the bumpstops, the ride was terrable and i wore out the ball joints. i let it down about half an inch and it rode a lot better and doesnt seem to be wearing fast. unfortunately they dont make the "Ivan-Dan" kit for nissans (and i cant afford it for my toy). if you have the money, Fab-Tech or Camburg or Donahoe or Duffco will build you some costom [censored] that will blow your mind$$$$$$$$$$$$. dont forget about small shops that do custom fabrication (just make sure you see some of their work before you fork over your truck) personally, I would rather build a ranger than a toy or a nissan. my friend just got a 94 ranger and we are hoping to start building it soon.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-1999, 12:02 AM
cleartoy

taking into consideration that you already run Fabtech upper arms, consider this. For a cheap $amount, why not install Fabtechs 1"ball joint spacers. That will alow for more travel\lift for cheap.

Any more lift than that will be very custom and expensive.

If you can afford it, have someone fabricate something along the lines of 3" upper and lower arms for you.They can make your shock mounts while they are at it.

Good luck.

-cleartoy

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-1999, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I actually had two ncher balljoint spacers in it before. But now my balljoints are going out so I need to get the strongest BJ's if you can help me out with any brandnames or whatever that would be killer thanks.
Kevin

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-15-1999, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

First try MOOG ball joints from your local autoparts
store.

Please tell us more on the exact kit you are runnig
so we can stop guesing and start helping.

If you are having this much trouble finding a better
lift kit you may consider selling it (Nissan) and buying a
Toyota 2wd. That will also solve your bumper and
double shock problems.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-18-1999, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As in my previous posts, I have a 2wd Nissan PU, with a 3.5" Fabtech lift with 1" balljoint spacers. I would like to know how I could lidt it bigger without custom fabrication, also I would like to know the strongest type of balljoints I can get. Thanks for any help.
Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode