97' Ford Ranger Rear-End - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-1999, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

97\' Ford Ranger Rear-End

I am considering building my 2 wheel drive 97' Ranger into a Pre-Runner type of truck. One way I want to go of doing this is I want to
beef up my rear-end and put in a ford 9inch with 4:10 gears. I would also like to add a limited slip diff. Does anyone know of any
companies that sell and rebuild new and used rear-ends to customer specifications.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-1999, 06:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 97\' Ford Ranger Rear-End

Call Currie Engerprises at 714-528-6957 they will have what you need.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Spend your money on the best suspension you can buy (have made) first. the reason i say this is bucause you may alter the rear suspension so much that the axle will need to be altered......you wouldnt want to get an expensive rear built and then have to have it altered again to work with the best suspension. also, if you have a four banger... dont worry about the rear! i have some friends that run 5.0's (yes, it will shoehorn into your engine compartment) with a "beefed" stock axle.. 410 gears and a locker are MANDATORY. get a detroit locker if you only have two-wheel drive.. dont wast money on a "limited slip" unles you are going to drive 90% on the street. the limited slip has no bad manners on the street and is better than nothing off-road, but it will NOT push the truck forward if you get one of the rears in the air. the detroit locker clunks around corners and chirps tires on the street but WILL push the truck if you get one wheel in the air. good luck.... also, Currie is THE best!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-1999, 05:27 PM
Pooh-Bah

http://www.currieenterprises.com
Since we're on the web and all...

J.R. - http://jrsmail.home.att.net
Wanna buy me a race truck? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode