Long Travel Suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 06:39 PM
azr101

Long Travel Suspension

Anyone have any feedback on the long travel kits offered by Camburg.com, sicfabs.com and atsracing.biz? I'm considering one of these kits for my 00' Tacoma, any feedback would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Long Travel Suspension

Is the truck 2by or 4by? Camburg makes a decient set up, but the 4by's are limmited to only 10" of travel cuz the CV joint for the axle is limiting the travel. The ATS kit, well the welds look like a**. Dont know much about sicfabs.com, stuff looks sic though. Talk to Mike @ Baja Concepts (760) 723-2117
he knows his sh*t as far as toyota suspension.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:41 PM
Old Hand

Others to look into, Total chaos (www.chaosfab.com) and the new Amplified kit. (www.amplifiedperformance.com)
I currently have ATS 3" over arms with custom axles. Works great. Around 13" of travel up front (w/ prosche 930 CV's). I did manage to break the lower balljoint socket off of the lower a-arm a few months back, but it was already cracked.
I would recommend Total Chaos. That's who I'd go with if I had to go a second round...
Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not to sound like an A** hole, but last I checked Chaos is still working on stuff for '00 Taco's. However Amp I beleve is still working on the old toys, I haven't seen any Taco stuff from them as of yet.
Bump
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Old Hand

Well who has a tacoma?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I sure as he!! dont, and i can tell you do not either. but azr101 was asking for crp for taco's
bump
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Journeyman

A guy named Jordan has the Camburg setup on his 99 Tacoma Prerunner. He hosts a message board on Delphi's server at http://forums.delphiforums.com/DesertRacers/Start

If you do a search on that forum you should find several threads about the Camburg and ATS long travel setups.

Hope this helps. Take care,

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 12:26 AM
Journeyman

I forgot to mention to check out the message board at www.race-dezert.com . There are a few threads about Tacoma long travel setups, including pics. There's a pic of Mike's Tacoma with the ATS long travel setup.

Also, a guy named Ryan produced a video called "The Dirty Ones" where there are a few shots of Tacomas with long travel setups, including Mike's dark green truck with the ATS setup. I believe Ryan has a website at www.bonzenproductions.com .

Take care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode