Fabtech 3.5 inch lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fabtech 3.5 inch lift

Does the Fabtech 3.5 inch lift kit add a full 3.5 inches of air under a toyota? I allready have my runner with a long travel kit that does the job well. I recently purchased a "91" xtra cab yota with a v6 and I do not want to spend a ton of money on something I will only use to haul the bikes. This truck looks like a low rider but I don't think its ever been lowered. Please let me know if of any experiences with this kit. Is there another manufacturer of kits for a truck this old?
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 07:47 PM
cleartoy

Re: Fabtech 3.5 inch lift

I currently have that kit on my 94 Toy 2wd as an interm lift kit so i can get my YZ out to the dez. After i sell my 85 Toy, im gettin Total Chaos kit, and will sell the Fabtech kit.

I didnt measure the lift i got, i just set it to where it looked and handled right. I had it adjusted up to about 1/8" clearance at the upper snubber, but it bounced all over the road. I dropped it down to about 3/8" and it is balanced.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 09:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx for the input cleartoy! After searching for info online, I am still not sure if anyone else makes a basic kit for torsion style yotas. Is this true? When I built my 90 runner, Fabtech was the leader, now Total Chaos is making a sweet set-up!

The Fabtech long travel system works really well for me and some friends as well. I trailer my 90 to the desert as well as my YZ426. My wife and baby run the toy, sometimes I get jealous because it has A/C. LOL!

Where in the desert do you usually go?
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 08:32 PM
cleartoy

For upper arms, you can also choose from Downey, Total Chaos, CST(I believe), and Camburg.

So your running the Ivan kit?

Cool, i go to Ocotillo Wells, High desert(Lucerne and Baker).

2 weekends ago, we were cruising Ocotillo with AC on and limo tint windows UP! Quite comfy!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cleartoy,
I have the Ivan kit up front..My bedsides are a generic I got from a friend Cheap!
I also spend time in Ocotillo and Lucerne. Lucerne seems to have less traffic and more wind, but both places are a blast!
What are you running on the rear? I have 1.5" shackles, and a bunch of home-made steel supporting my rear end. It doesn't look real good but it gets the job done.
Thanks for the info on kits! Now I have enough info to be dangerous. My wife has approved the purchase of parts needed to make the new addition to my collection more offroad worthy. Thanx,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode