Opinions on Toyota 2wd suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2002, 10:48 PM
cleartoy

Opinions on Toyota 2wd suspension

Ok, so im doing research on which bolt on kit is best for long travel on the front of my 94 Toyota 2wd.

Ive pretty much seen whats out there, and want something strong.

My #1 pic is the Total Chaos Uniball kit with lifted spindle. Seems strong, its said to pull 13" travel. Cost is about $3005.

My #2 pic is the Amplified Performance kit...it has uniball upper, but stock ball joint lower. Nice thing about this kit is that it uses heim jonts to attatch to the cross shaft instead of urethane bushings which squeak to no end.

My #3 pic is Duffco with uniball upper, stock bj lower, good price.

My #4 pic is ATS, with uniball upper, stock lower, however, they move the arm forward to allow better tire clearance at the firewall. Little pricer than Duffco.

Basically, im really wanting something strong. I would like to have Uniballs upper and lower. Not so much for the travel(although i would like a decent amount) but more for the strength. I dont want to be stuck in the desert with broken ball joints.

What do you guys think?

-cleartoy
85 xtracab 4x4(FOR SALE)
94 std cab 2wd
99 YZ250
Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Opinions on Toyota 2wd suspension

Carry a couple of Moog lowers with you on trips.. Easier to change out when they break than finding a tow truck and a guy to weld the uniball back on.. Figure the cost betweeen say 2 joints a year (depending on how much and hard you romp) and the price of the Total kit MORE than the BJ ones.. I hear a lot of good stuff about the Total kit tho.. ATS isn't bad either.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Looks like someone has done their research. I like you first 2 options, as far as duffco or ATS i keep hearing about them but havent gotten any one to say something + or - about them.

The Choas Kit is a nice set up as well as the Amp set up as well. I think at this point your just buying a name that are both back with good intentions. But props must be given to Amp for having uni-balls all around and no bushings, definite bonus, the only down fall is that you have to spend extra $$ on coil-overs(like thats a problem).

Another thing from Amp, if you have seen their web site, check out the current projects section. They are fabing a set up for the Pro-Trux truck, that is running an aluminum upper arm, very sick. Word has it that they will be selling this as an actual bolt on kit in the future. Killer part is, its running 20" of travel and fiberglass and everything out the door will be about $5000 (dont quote me on that).

Good Luck on your toy, Im having the same delemia getting a set up for a 4by. Late
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Old Hand

Clear, I would get the Amplified kit. That thing is bitchin. I think they already have the uniball on the lower arm. They have boxed lower arms, so I don't see why not. Plus the upper arm has a vertically mounted uniball in a CNC crossshaft upper arm. The spindle is pretty sick too. It is supposed to cycle a clean 18" of travel. But if you tube the front end, you can get 20" (or so they claim). Not sure on the exact numbers though. On the sdprerunners.com discussion, there was a big thread about the amp. kit. The site is down now, but I would try and look it up. Good luck,

Devil, I would check out the caddy kit from Total Chaos. Fishy has it and swears by it. you can get 14" w/o 4wd, and 12" or so with T-100 axles. I'll probably go that route when I decide to change up my new ride I'm getting.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 06:29 PM
cleartoy

Hey Aaron, have you heard what the new AMp kit runs price wise? Ive seen pics of it, but no price.

I had forgotten about that kit.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Old Hand

I think it's around 2k, w/o shocks. I don't remember though. Amplified was always posting on SDprerunners.com before it took a dump. The price was on there. But call them up and see. I know Seth is a good guy, he'll treat you right.
www.amplifiedperformance.com
Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode