snowmobile motor in an odyssey? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Pilot & Odyssey All messages on Honda Pilot's Odyssey's and other Small Sand Cars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-1999, 10:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

snowmobile motor in an odyssey?

Have a '79 odyssey with no motor. Was considering swapping in a single cylinder snowmobile motor. I remember seeing this done somewhere but can't remember where. Anyone out there ever done this? Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-1999, 08:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: snowmobile motor in an odyssey?

I had an odyssey and sold it for a snowmobile. But I have seen tons of people do it but they normally do it with a 440 snowmobile engine. And have to do some little modifications. But not much. If you need more info on some other cool odyssey sites let me know.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-1999, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've been thinking of putting a snowmobile engine on a go-kart fram for a long time my self, so let me know how it goes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-1999, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I meet a guy at LIttle Sahara Sand Dunes in OK. who had a pilot with a 650 snowmobile engine. The conversion was done by ATV racing in AZ. You can see ads for them in Dirt Wheels magazine. This pilot would flat rock!! This pilot would run as fast as my Honda CR500, and if you don't know that is very fast. Of course, it also had the long travel suspension conversion which would allow it to run pinned through the woops. The owner reported that it cost about $25000 complete ( no typo on the number of zeros ), there always seems to be a catch.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-1999, 09:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WHOA!!! Now that's one $expensive$ pilot.... for $25,000 i would i have just had one custom built with a 350 V-8, well ok that might be more along the line's of a sandrail, but wish i had that kinda money too spend on a toy

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-1999, 12:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Holly [censored], What kind of idiot would spend $25000 on a pilot.All the guys on the other Oddy/Pilot postboard say that you can get that conversion kit for under half of that price.
Oh well some people have more dollars than sense.
melon

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-24-1999, 12:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YA, you can get a CR500 conversion for aroud $2000, and i think that include's the motor! and anyhow he could have gotten a top of the line 1-4 seater sandrail/dunebuggy with a V6/V8 for 25,000, dunno but i'm on the look out for an odessy/pilot that need's work that i can pick up cheap, even it had no motor or the in it was shot, because it seem's as though old 440cc and even bigger snowmobile engine's are a dime a dozen

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2000, 01:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've heard it all but two. I know this is not probably possible with the width of this engine but, I'd like to take a 900cc out of an arctic cat thunder cat and put that in my 350. Also how do you make a cr500 motor work in there? Can you cut the trans. off or what???
Ben

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode