EXCELLENT POST BOARD - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Pilot & Odyssey All messages on Honda Pilot's Odyssey's and other Small Sand Cars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 09:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

EXCELLENT POST BOARD

Administrators Note: I was asked by a few subscribers to remove this post. I have decided to leave it so as to display the type of folks that have been working to sabotage this forum since our software upgrade.

For the record, I hope the other BBS does well however, I think that advertising it via this venue is unrealistic at best and typically arrogant and lazy on the part of the owners and their more dedicated followers.

Lastly, how could anyone at ORC be called "money hungry" as comprised of folks that have yet to see a profit and others that simply volunteer time.

Unfortunately, such posts will also push us to deny access to folks leaving email addresses from the free venues.

HEY GUYS ,IF YOU WANT A EXCELLENT BOARD FOR PILOTS AND ODYS,YOU CAN E-MAIL ME [email protected] OR GO TO WWW.[censored]/BBS_MAIN.HTM IF YOU THINK THIS BOARD IS GOOD FOR INFO,THEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING AT THE OTHER BOARD,I'VE ALREADY LEARNT SO MUCH MORE FROM THE OTHER BOARD.
I WILL PROBERLY GET BANNED FROM THIS BOARD,WHICH DOESN'T BOTHER ME BECAUSE THIS BOARD IS RUN BY MONEY-HUNGRY BUTT-PIRATES,THE OTHER ONE IS RUN BY GUYS WHO WANT TO HELP YOU GET YOUR ODY BACK ON THE DIRT,NOT RIP YOU OFF BLIND.
SO I GUESS I WILL SEE YOU SERIOUS ODY RIDERS AT GLAMIS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 12:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: EXCELLENT POST BOARD

1)"I was asked by a few subscribers to remove this post." I doubt it. No one ever comes to this BBS anymore, so I donít believe anyone objected. I believe your true intention in leaving that post up is to make the BBS that picked up most of your Odyssey/Pilot patrons look bad. (As though the majority of us who hang out at the other BBS are going to resort to such crude behavior as this idiot did.)

2) For you to do this website for free should not be and is not expected. Ya gotta make a living somehow, right? Most reasonable people would expect you to run it like any other business.

3) You made a bad business decision, at least as far as the majority of your Odyssey / Pilot BBS visitors are concerned. You changed software despite the massive protests from the Odyssey/Pilot community, and as result you upset the majority of your customers in that forum. When they made thier displeasure known to ORC they were met with either silence or sarcasm. As a result of that, you lost those customers to another BBS. YOUR loss, not ours! Unless you forget ORC, the customer is always right and if you don't give them what they want, they will get it elsewhere.

4) What do you plan on doing to get your customers back ORC? The ball is in your court.

Please donít take this any other way than the way it was meant to be taken, as constructive criticism. To show you my good intentions I will leave my REAL e-mail address and use my real name in closure.

Thank you very much, Eric Zeh.

[email protected]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 01:26 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

Hello Eric,

1) This is your assumption (perhaps biased) that they did not.
2) We all have Day Jobs. Some lucrative.
3a)The business decision did not center on the Pilot BBS. To date, over 2000 subscribers are quite comfortable about the change.
3b)Announcements on the BBS change were made widely. Only certain members from this forum claim that they were not.
3c)Disgust was relayed to the extremely small percentage of tenacious, selfish desenters, not "sarcasm".
4) In general, we will not go back tot he old forum. Specifically, in relation to some of the desenters, well frankly, they can find their web experience somewhere else.

PJC

Visit: <a href="http://www.off-road.com">
Off Road.com</a>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-1999, 05:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought that my criticism was very constructive, not disgust...as you so inelegantly put it. I complained about the speed of the new board, which as evident today, has never been fixed. I could careless about format, and I totally understand the need for authenticated users. I just wish that you could trim down your "feature" set, so as to not scare off the computer intimidated.

I agree with the previous poster...the first post in this thread was crude and unlearned, but I still don't believe that you have the readership in this particular forum to announce that "several requests", unless they came from Vince himself, who didn't want his board publicized that way...

My thoughts, take them for what they are worth...

BTW, the spell checker is pretty weak, and the Off-Road.com above the horizontal rule tag is still broke...(takes you to the machine's homepage, not the Off-Road.com one...)

http://ind.cioe.com/~broyles KiowA's Pilot Playground
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-02-1999, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What is your board's web address?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode