Lifted Golf Carts???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Pilot & Odyssey All messages on Honda Pilot's Odyssey's and other Small Sand Cars.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Lifted Golf Carts????

Do any of you have lifted carts????
I am going to get a Golf Cart in the next few weeks, and doing a 6" to 9" lift to it, putting "Douglas" wheels, and 25" or 26" tires, on it.
Just going to be my family cruiser (1=wife, 2=kids, 1= icechest[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]).
Probably going to get a EZ-GO or a YAMAHA, Right now I am leaning towards the YAMAHA (Then I can paint it to match my Raptor [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])
Any one have any info I should know????

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lifted Golf Carts????

Hmmmmmm, Well, If your Deadset on a Lifted Cart...then Cool, But I Can't help but think that Somthing Like An ARGO 6x6 or 8x8 would be better.......I Dunno, Just a thought.... :-)

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yer probably gonna have to take the governer (spell me) off to make the power to turn the tires.

Win if you can,
loose if you must but....
always cheat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just bought a 93 EZGO GXT "Truck" From KD Cycle in Yuma Az. It has a 298 cc 4 stroke engine and its a lot of fun! It doesnt go too fast though but we just take it on relaxing cruises.Check out the pic.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50-372827-cart1.jpg (35.8 KB, 258 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have no clue what you are looking at, but here is one that we have had posted at extremebuggies.com. Might give you a few Idea's. I can get the contact info for the person to if you wish

http://www.extremebuggies.com/member...ides.asp?ID=27

[email protected]

-------------------------------------
Webmaster
www.extremebuggies.com
"The ONLY place for sand sports!"
-------------------------------------
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Jonathan

I worked at a golf course last summer (I was a cart boy). For what you plan to do, I'd go with an electric EZ-GO. Electric because they have tons of torque (I've driven one up stairs before). Gas carts have very little bottom end power, but you would have an extended range because 1 tank of gas goes farther than 1 battery charge. If you get a gas cart you can disable the governer (very simple on an EZ-GO) you could probably do 30-35 with the 25-26" tires you're talking about, but with out the governer engine life is shortened and gas milage decreases dramaticly. The only reason for using an EZ-GO would be the fact that it would be easier to lift because of its strait axle front suspension vs. the Yamaha's IFS.
Good luck with your project

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode