temperature woes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
maxb750

temperature woes

hey guys

I'm new to this forum so hello. I wanted to give you guys my story and was hoping for some advice. My raptor 660 has a stage 3 alba exhaust(high flow megaphone style), with pro lfow K&N filter, and yamaha jetting. My problem is my temp gauge says I ride at 200-220 degrees at all rpms after 10 minutes of hard riding. My main jets are 160/155, pilots are 27.5 and my needle is in the middle. I installed a new water pump with 75% water and 25% antifreeze along with the recommended amount of water wetter. Valves are adjusted to spec and everything is clean and solid. My fuel/air mixture screws on the carbys are froze solid from the saltwater and is at stock manufacture spec(1.5-2 turns out). Should I go for bigger pilot jets or mess with the needles or mains????. I also put my fan on a toggle but that only helps it for a few degrees. thanks for any advice,

Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode