'02 Kasea mini 50 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Broncomaniac

\'02 Kasea mini 50

Hello. I bought two '02 Kasea mini 50's for my kids. These were pre owned by a friend with two small boys and were well cared for. I had the carbs cleaned and adjusted right away, but they are still problematic. One day one bogs down for 30 minutes and then runs fine. The next day the other bike does it. I'm told these are "the good kind" of carburetor, which I assume means Mikuni, though I don't know how to verify this. I would appreciate ANY tips or advice on making these bikes run reliably. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
a10driver

Re: \'02 Kasea mini 50

Hi, I have a Mini 50 for my son. REcently purchased it used from a dealer, ran fine for a month or so. My son did not ride it much at first, and as his interest grew so did the bogging problems. It would get where he would ride it around the yard for about 5 minutes or so then it would start bogging down, and would die if you didn't let the throttle off. It would idle good for a while (while it was bogging down under throttle), but then it would eventually die totally. I would usually park it then for a week or so. I cleaned and adjusted the carb to no avail. The dealership did the same thing. After reading some posts on another website I disconnected the electric choke. Runs like a champ now. I suggest you try it, you can always hook it back up if that is not it. On the carb there is a black cylinder with a wire coming out of it. Up the wire about 4 inches is a plug. Disconnect it there and fire it up to see how it runs. These electric chokes can be problamatic. Hope this helps.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Broncomaniac

Hey thanks for that tip. I'll give that a shot in the morning. I guess you can always manually choke by covering the intake with your hand if need be, like on a very cold day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Broncomaniac

Hey, hey a10driver! I took your advice and unplugged the choke. One of the bikes was bogging down last night and still doing it this morning. My son asked if he could take turns with his brother on the other quad. I stood the bike up and barely got my arm in far enough to reach the plug and disconnect it. No more problem. They rode all day. If the other bike cheeses me off I'll unhook its choke also. I'm thinking of putting the chokes on a toggle switch so they're there for cold days if needed but easy to bypass when they act up.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
a10driver

Glad I could help, hopefully the boys are enjoying theirs as much as we enjoy ours. My son is still riding his around w/ no problems after disconnecting that choke. It has been fairly cold here, down in the 20's at night, and the bike always starts right up even without the electric choke. You may never need it!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Broncomaniac

The engine fell out of both my bikes. Each had a motor mount break in the same place. At least it was the frame and not the engine. I'm not real impressed with Kasea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode