bare banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:50 PM
whiteknight

bare banshee

just bought a 99 banshee. other than being bored 20 or 30 and renthal bars, it's stock. I've got friends that ride a z 400, a predator and 400ex. my question is what needs to be added and in what order to make my shee scream even more than it does now? of course I don't want any of my friends to out run me. What parts should I get to see the most gains? already planned on pipes but not sure which are the best. thanks for any help and suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
prixor

Re: bare banshee

If I were you, I would get a set of Toomey T5's or LRD's. Both of those are rather expensive, probably in about the $1000 range. Another alternative would be FMF's, which will provide you with a nice gain. Also, I'd get a V-Force Delta II reed valve system. I think they may have come out with Delta III's, but either one will provide you with a noticable gain. Dont waste your money on reed spacers or boost bottles. They dont do much of anything for you. A K&N filter and rejet will also help you out. If you wanted to get into some cheap internal engine work, get a nice port on it. That will DEFINITELY help out in the power. Any of these mods will help you out to beat your buddies. Just my .02
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Logan

Re: bare banshee

ok, i personally work at Bay Area Yamaha in north bend oregon, all you need for a fast reliable bike is, a decent set of pipes like the T-5's or FMF SST's, both are around 600 bucks, don't get LRD pipes(there pieces of ****). if you don't mind running 50/50 pump/race gas, then do a cool head with 19cc domes in it, if you only want to run premium fuel use 20cc domes. i personally still prefer the K&N Filter in the box with the snorkel removed and whole in the lid, this way u won't have water problems it isn't nessacry to clean near as much. VForce is now making the delta 3's that we have in stock for $250, i had my friend dyno them on his bike and they gave him 2 more horsepower then the delta 2's. this is the way my bike personally is set up, and let me tell ya, i run the absolute **** out of it and its realiable, and beats most bikes out on the sand, and ur definately going to blow away those 4 strokes. pipes will run around 600 bucks for a nice set, cool head around 300 with domes, K&N around 40 bucks, VForce reeds around 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode