Which sand tire is better-gecko or dune star? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
divebums

Which sand tire is better-gecko or dune star?

I just bought a tricked out banshee and want the best dune tires for it. I will be riding huge dunes and sand trails.I am looking at Geckos or ITP sand stars. Anyone have a comparison to make? [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Chevys_Rule

Re: Which sand tire is better-gecko or dune star?

Hey man,
I've been riding for almost 12 years and the best paddles for the best turn out would be like straits or sand sharks. Dont ever buy Geckos man they suck bad. Also with your type of bike the best hook up would be straits. So check it out and let me know the turn out. Later
Tyler
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 04:38 PM
socalzilladuner

I heard the gecko's are very heavy and dont hook up that great. I have a set of sand star's on my quadzilla but havent run them yet. I talked to a guy last week-end that has sand star's on his yfz450 and he said they hook up great and turn even better with the dual rib front tire.

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
dumontrider2003

I just got some ITP sand star's but they dont fit my 12" wheel, if you're interested we can talk. Brand new never even got them mounted. [email protected]

-----Jason
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM

If you're planning on drag racing the dunes, forget the Gecko's. Some friends of mine tested the Gecko's and set of Skat-Trak Haulers back to back on a stock Banshee and a stock Raptor. The Haulers were good for a 30' lead at the end of 300' every race on either quad when they swappped the tires back and forth. With a tricked out Banshee I would go with the Extreme Haulers if you're going to be racing, since the regular Haulers have been having some problems lately with paddles tearing off (older Haulers never had this problem). I have heard that the Sand Stars are really nice tires that hook up nearly as well as the straight paddle Haulers in a drag race, but also make it easy to carve the turns. IF you want more opinions from dune riders that run tricked out Banshee's try asking this question here http://www.sandlakeduners.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode