250R is ready for port and polish but ..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Carnage

250R is ready for port and polish but .....

What's up everyone

I got my top end off my bike just a few days ago and I want to send out the cylinder to get port and polish, now i know that theres a few types of port and polish, i just want to get a mid port and polish that will still work good with the original carb.

Do you think its even worth it ????

And will this efect the reliability in my bike ???

Thanks for your time !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 07:22 PM

Re: 250R is ready for port and polish but .....

My '88R has the CT National porting done on it, along with being bored .100 over so it's now a 265. I bought it back in '99 with the mods done, and haven't had any reliability problems at all and it runs great. The only problem I've ever had was when I let the chain get too loose. It came off just as I was starting to make power, and the loose chain wrapped up against the chain saver and stopped the transmission, which in turn grenaded 1st gear on both shafts. Now that it's got a few years riding on it, I should probably at least hone the cylinder and get some new rings in it (only reading 125lbs compression now, but should be 180lbs+) but it has been so reliable and runs so good, I'm almost afraid to mess with it right now. The difference between stock and ported is definetly worth the money in my opinion, as long as you have it done by a reliable company that knows what they are doing. lol
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Veteran

A good port and polish job is a good modification. You have to step back and figure out what matters most to you. The riding that you do. If you do lots of trail riding and some racing, I would recommend spending the money on suspension first. Once you get the suspension mods done the motor work will only enhance the suspension. Thats my 2 cents..... [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:52 PM
bodgecr250

I agree with vtr, your suspension will open up the engine for you.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:31 PM
portgrinder

Depending on where you are in Canada, there are many realy good 2-stroke guys around. If near Alberta my first choice bar none would be Split Second. In the east you've got Sever and a few other guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode