NEW Raptor (Warrior) 350 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

NEW Raptor (Warrior) 350

What does everyone think of the New Raptor 350 replacing the Warrior? http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...=1&mid=400

I think they should keep the WARRIOR name!
Maybe next year they'll change the head to a 4-valve DOHC and liquid cooling. Basically this year, the engine is still the same. With a new frame and suspension, it has shaved 22-lbs. off compared to Warrior. Suposedly an easier chain adjustment too. We'll see?

Glad they kept the 6-speed w/ REVERSE! Any trail quad should have reverse for getting out of tight situations or mud holes.

I also think they should've come up with unique stying for it, along with keeping the Warrior name. But I guess its cheaper to use the same designs and molds as the Raptor. I'm not fond of the WASP look for any quad.

Don't think I'll trade in for it. After all its not much different, except for chassis and suspension. I have too many mod's in my 02 Warrior to trade to this. If anything I will go YFZ-450 or TRX-450. But I hate the fact that they dont have reverse. I am a trail rider not an MX'er.

Hmmm... Decisions Decisions... [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: NEW Raptor (Warrior) 350

Ya know, I hate to reply to my own thread... but after looking at the pics blown up, I think the chassis is SAME. Might have lightened it in a few places but, looks like same design. This could be good for Warrior owners, means if we bought one, we could transfer the aftermarket parts we already spent $100's or $1000's on. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Which I bet Yamaha considered as a selling point.

If any factory Yamaha people read this... CHANGE NAME BACK TO WARRIOR DAMN IT!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:38 PM

its pretty cool that they updated it. yamaha seems to really be getting into the quad market. I agree though it should have stayed the warrior. we dont need another raptor to be confused with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Dari

Finally i have seen the new warrior.... it looks nice...
but they should stay with the name Warrior....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode