needle position? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
redneckstv85

needle position?

Well i called hmf back up and they said that i would have to move the needle up one clip position. Now i have no idea where the needle is on this carb or howw to move it up one clip position i rele wanna get this thing on for the weekend. does any body know about this carb or/and how to move the needle up one clip position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:21 PM
JWz400

Re: needle position?

i dont know a whole lot but the needle is in the very top of the carb loosen both clamps on the carb spin the bottom towards the shift lever until you can get to all 4 screws on the bowl the main jet is in the center its very easy when you take the top off for the needle be careful and watch what your doing there are small springs and orings that will fall out of place but you will see 2 or 3 groves in the top of the needle slide the clip off and down one groove
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:26 PM
redneckstv85

Thanks alot man, yea i cant wait to get this exhaust on i was gunna have my dealer do it but they couldnt get me in until next week an indoor flat track starts this weekend so i rele want it on i hope this works. thank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:28 PM
redneckstv85

hey when u take the bowl off the needle is in there?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:15 PM
JWz400

no the main jet is in the bowl thats the bottom the needle is in the top of the carb.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:25 PM
redneckstv85

I found the needle an i took it out and when i looked there was no extra notches for he clip so i called up hamf an he said all that might happend is a little lose on bottom but if anymagor lose he would figur somthing out. Thank for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode