exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
rickj4828

exhaust

im going to be putting a pipe on my 400ex. i thought about the yoshimura but ive heard they are extremely loud and arent as good as some of the other pipes out there. i was thinking about the lrd or the hmf. ne of u have either of these pipes and do u think i shoulld just get the slip on or the full exhaust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 08:21 PM
rickj4828

Re: exhaust

damn, this site is dead. i havent been on here in a few months but it was never this bad, usually i would get a few replies
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Mopar

The Yoshi pipe is usually available with the Tec option that allows for differant levels of sound and perf. The small tip is same loudness as stock with improved bottom end. The med is a little louder (94db) with vast improvement of the bottom and mid range. The open tip much louder but with across the band improvements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:29 PM

dont know where you really got these facts....

the yoshi is one of the quietest pipes that make a lot of horse power, and if yoiu still want it quieter there is the T.E.C. kit, which not only make it a little quieter but also improves low end and mid range dramatically...

the yoshi pipes are a work of art in my eyes and are the best made, the welds are done to perfection....

this pipe will work most quads all around, it has a strong hit for low and mid but also tons of top, if I might add it is prob the best pipe to get, but it comes with a cost....

there are race comany pipes including CT, LRD, Trinity, Sparks racing so on and so forth which can also greatly improve power, but those pipes are loud! why? because they are for racing! the yoshi is much quieter and in my eyes much better than most race companies anyway

I have done the research on just about every pipe, that is why I myself have a Yoshimura pipe, it was a bitch to put on, but the finish and looks is amazing [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 PM
rickj4828

did u get the slip on or the complete exhaust
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Mopar

Like 300EXrider says they're a work of art, but nothing is better for the money. I run the full Ti Pro system with the carbon silencer. And I run the medium TEC insert. I probably paid too much cause I had to have one of the first in the area. Was it worth it? O'yeah, you bet it was, even with the endless delays.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:00 PM
WarriorPrincess

Two of my friends of 400's and one runs the yoshimura, and the other runs the corba. Both pipes are extremely loud. But the yoshimura puts out more. He recommends its all the tyme.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 10:01 PM
outlwd

I would have to agree with everything 300exrider said. I have hada Yosh on my 400ex and on my Raptor. Both were beautiful to look at. It's a quality pipe. You get what you pay for. I run a TEC insert in my Raptor and it is nice and quiet but still has a big hit in the midrange.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 08:53 PM

yes i have the full system stainless steel [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

did i mention it was really light? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2003, 07:48 AM
JimmyJoe

I like the White Bros. Pipe. I got one from www.hondapatsworld.com some time ago and so far I really like it. I had to change my jets and air filter but with a little tuning I got it right. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode