z 400 reverse - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

z 400 reverse

has anyone had trouble with there reverse on a z? mine will not shift into the reverse gear its like the gear is missing
also there is a new ticking noise in the top end? same power as always though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 07:44 AM
JWz400

Re: z 400 reverse

mine will go into reverse but cuts out and loads up real bad it gets worse after riding for awhile im sure you know but when in 1st gear turn knob and shift down.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:34 PM
pokie

The Z 400 has a built in rev limiter when you are in reverse. If it did'nt it would probably do 30 mph in reverse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 08:43 PM
JWz400

hey pokie i see your from ST.LOUIS have you ever road at flat river and is it worth a trip from K.C?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Addict

ME TOO
I'll tell ya that my buddy drives out from ohio every summer and that's where he always wants to go. When it warms up the way to go is to drive out to finger lake in columbia, ride there and camp then head to flatriver the next day to ride but no camping there. Let me know if ya come out and I'll meet ya there if nothing going on.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 05:48 PM
pokie

No Camping? St Joe has a great camp ground with hot showers and electric sites, if you need them. Yeh, I would say its worth the trip. Its a good all around type ride, woods and a lot of sandy areas. And this time of the year plenty of mud holes. I do like finger lake though. That would be a lot closer for you, but if your from K.C. you've probably already been there. Let me know if you want to make the trip, I'll round up some folks and we'll give you the tour.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 07:56 PM
JWz400

thats cool i'll be looking forward to it but it will spring before i can make the trip. no i have not made it to finger lakes yet only had my quad for about 5 months and i can never get anyone to go riding. buddies are turning into sissies! thats why i was asking where everybody is from. GETTING BOARD RIDING BY MY SELF!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2003, 07:35 PM
pokie

Spring!!!! Now Who's the SISSIE. LOL Finger Lakes is about two hours from you and me, if we get one of those freaky warm weekends lets go. Drop me a line any time. Happy Holidays. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 08:38 AM
JWz400

well i'm getting older cold hurts more than it used to. that sounds cool to .hey what kinda mods do you have on the z and how does it run? i have k&n air filter yoshi slipon 142 dynojet and thinking about buying a power now valve? bike is running pretty good i think just wondering if it can be tuned alittle better. i'm going riding at perry lake today i'll find out how it stands up to everybody else.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 05:09 PM
pokie

I'm 37 and I know what you mean. My bike is pretty much stock right now. I'm going to put the HMF slip on on and a filter then rejet.I'm going to drop one tooth on the front sprocket also. This will be my Christmas present to my self if I ever have time to go get it. Well, keep the shiny side up when you go riding and give me a ring when your ready to make the trip. SEEEE YAAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode