tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 08:19 AM
rickj4828

tires

i need some new tires on my quad. i ride basically everything, trials, mud, sand and on the track. i was thinking about the mud sharks b/c they seem good for everything. neone have these tires and have ne compliants?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 AM
raptor_rider

Re: tires

I found the mud sharks to be unpredictable, I would be in a power slide and they would try to hook up when I didnt want them to, Ive found the ITP holeshots work the best for a 4 stroke(or Maxxis Razrs)and the Dunlop Radials work real well on a 2 stroke
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 PM
rickj4828

i thought about the holeshots but i had those on my old quad and they werent really good in the sand pitts or in the snow/mud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 06:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I mounted ITP Blackwaters on mine and I love them! I can push through the thickest mud and barely ever get stuck like the stockers did. They hook-up great on hard pack, rocky or sandy terrain too. I can powerslide the azz end around corners in the woods without woorying that they will bite and roll me.
Waiting for the up coming snow season to try 'em out. But I do run other tires with Gold Screws once its cold enough for thick ice on lakes. We ice race on weekends then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1218049-Warrior Upgraded.JPG (94.9 KB, 21 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 08:04 PM
rickj4828

how big r ur black waters, and arent those more for a 4x4?
what other tires are everyine useing
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:45 PM
pokie

Look at at the Knarly's or a set of Klaws, a whole lot cheaper than most and they preform great. I have the Knarly's on my Z because i wanted a good all around tire, I mostly woods ride and they havent let me down yet.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
outlwd

I've used my Maxxis Razrs on everything you ride except sand. The are great and seem to wear really well also. I have the six plys and they are awesome for trail riding. 2 years and no flats yet.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Blackwaters a 22x12.5x9 and INDESTRUCTABLE.
They are not only for 4x4's. This size has a flat profile like Holeshots, Razr's, or Bandits. They're a lil heavier but WELL worth it in MUD, SNOW, or SAND.

They are bi-directional so, one way is suited for hardpack and most conditions, and other way has more "scooping" capability for deep mud and sand. I kept mine the hardpack direction and barely ever get stuck unless I hang it up or float it in too deep mud/water.

This is STILL declared one of the BEST tires ever designed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode