i need some help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i need some help

hey im not sure what i should start out on riding. i can get alost anything but it will be my first quad so i think im gonna be doing some racing against my friends but i dont no what to get what do u guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM

Re: i need some help

weight, expirience, height, all that good stuff

age? what do your friends own?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 02:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey im 16yrs old 5ft 10inch 215lbs and this will be my first bike besides my old 1984 3-wheeler that has no clutch my frineds have modded up blaster and another friend has the same and some have 400ex and my best friend has a raptor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 04:15 PM

A 400ex would be ok without any modifications until you learn to ride it with confidence,as you seem to already have some riding experience on your old 3 wheeler.just take it easy for a start.the 300ex or 400ex are great cos the 4 stroke power doesn't come on too strong like most 2 strokes and they handle really well if you make a few mistakes whil learning.The raptor would have too much power and throw you off while learning Just my opinion,hope this helps. Let us know which quad you choose.cheers JEFF [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 11:48 AM

ya man go for a 400ex, they are real nice quads, and are very modable once you have mastered them, a good quad to learn on and keep on riding once expirenced, great reliability
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 07:56 AM
tony1034

The 400ex was my first ATV. I've had a bunch of SportBikes and was used to moving pretty fast, so I didn't want a 250ex or 300ex. Well, I can tell you that the 400ex is plenty fast enough and handles great. ATV's and street sportbikes are two totally different ball games, and I thought I'd be comfortable flying around on an ATV like my CBR900rr. I was wrong. The 400ex is sorta scary. I've had my 2002 400ex for a year now. I havn't raced it, jumped it higher than four feet high and never rolled/crashed it. I've found that I'm really not that interested in ATVs as I thought I'd be. There's no legal places to ride (at least not close and cost-free). It just sits in my garage. It has a little over 30 hours on it (changed the oil after each 10 hours of use). I'm going to sell it, since its just a waste of money.

My point is, don't buy a big new ATV, if you havn't really ridden one for a while yet. Get yourself a used 400ex (if you live near NJ, you can buy mine) and see how you like it. You'll get a great deal on a used 400ex, and if you find that its not for you, you can sell it for what you paid for it, instead of losing money like me. Also, I think after riding a 400ex, you'll probably settle in and like it just fine. Spend the money on good riding gear (complete set) and enjoy. If you get into racing and want something better, you'll have that peace of mind knowing you can sell your used 400ex for what you paid for it and then spend the money on a brand new racer (or just upgrade the 400ex w/ better suspension and a 440kit and be on your way).

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Tony P.

PS. anyone near NJ interested in my 02' 400ex, email me at [email protected]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 12:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, my first atv was a 1985 yamaha threewheeler, it had some nuts it would hit about 65 on the highway but it was kool. but i think you should go for the banshee, it is a racer but once you pipe it you can unleash the fury on everyones ass.
[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 05:21 PM

I dont think you were hitting 65 on a 1985 yamaha 3 wheeler, maybe 40 or 45 tops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode