suggestions for a 300EX - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

suggestions for a 300EX

i just got a 2k2 300EX and im wondering what upgrades i should slap on it. give me you opinions
thanks [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:08 AM

Re: suggestions for a 300EX

before you really start doing anything, ask yourself...

Do you really wanna put money into a 300ex?
you could get the new yamaha, 400ex, 250r, new honda, z400/kfx400 and put your hard earned money into that

buuuut......if your like me and no one was there to ask me that, the first thing I would improve is suspension and handling, the power you have and want you will not even be able to control, get the suspension and handling things first:
a-arms (look on ebay, or get 400ex a-arms like I did, they are 1.5" bigger and fit right on)
-shocks, look for some works shocks on ebay, or if you get the 400ex a-arms you will need the custom works that are 14.75" long, they will fit and work great...oooorr, on ebay they ahve these shock relocating mounts and it makes it able to use 400ex shocks on your 300ex....
-axle----with the a-arms you will need an extended axle, a +2+4 durablue axle is the way to go, and your 300ex will handling like a champ

tires--you might want to get some tires other than the stock ones, the stock tires are crap and it would be a very good idea to get some ITP holeshots, or Maxxis Razrs, or Kenda Klaws, pic your size....I would go with a 20" tire, 22" or 21" front tire

then get into power upgrades after you have made your machine handling great....a nice pipe, filter, air box mods, and jetting to start you off...then you can get into motor work if you really want to, get a true 300cc bore kit with cam, and all the goodies

but I say just get a bigger machine you really want and put your money into that, you will be dissapointed in the future....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 12:45 AM

the 300ex god has reaveled himself once again!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ian so when are due for something new or still hanging tuff with the 300 ? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 02:18 PM

This spring!!!

I will look over the winter, check the new honda, or the new honda dirtbike, or a honda 250R [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-or-

go for the yamaha 450....

-or-

z400/kfx400/dvx400
but only if nothing else works out and really need reverse [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My friend has a predator so I need something to keep up a little better, I beat him with the 300, but really have to struggle...mostly because I am about 6 times better at riding, he just switched from bikes to quads

I have A lonestar axle on the way +2+4, and front offset wheels, so my 300 will really handling nice [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 04:32 PM

Silly question time? How much $$$$$ have you spent on your 300ex tokeep up with your buddy on his predator?? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img].
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 11:46 AM

toooo much........

although I am sort of glad I did, I enjoyed putting stuff on this little machine, very fun...

I went to a MX rack yesterday wtih him and my other buddy with his ktm125.....me and my bud with the ktm125 were right with eachother the whole time, the friend with the predator was a good while back [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

the kid with the ktm just moved from california, and has pics and movies of him jumping 80ft tables at his pro circut track, its insane, he is a unbelievable rider I must say
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 11:56 AM

Yes,I know the feelin,have spent a bit myself but it was worth it! Will have to see if the new TRX450ex has better suspension than mine B4 I trade up,$$$$15000NZD is a lot of coin? Will have to sell a lot of new quads to pay for it. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode