Need Help. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 08:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Help.

I am looking to upgrade my 2003 Blaster. What should I get first. I am not gonna race and don't like getting big air, all I am gonna do is ride with my friend who has a 2003 Raptor with Trinity 727 kit and I wanna be able to keep up with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 08:42 PM

Re: Need Help.

well my friend, that is just not going to happen, look at this exact same post but for a 300ex in this page, i already responed to the same question
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, I read the post. I know I dont have any chance with keeping up with my friend but I dont wanna slow us down on the trail that much. I have decided to go with Lonestar +2 A-Arms and Swingarm, Toomey B1 Exhaust, and Elka suspension. It is gonna cost about 3500 for those items. Tell me if u think any of it is a bad idea, or if I can get a better deal on a product about the same quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:03 PM

well they are good choices....buuuuut
you really dont need lone star, look at bugard, or JD performance, something cheaper and same quality, and i dont think you will need a swing-arm, and axle, but no swing-arms, try a rpm or LSR or durable axle, they go from250 - 500

either way, i would say this,
IMO
I would rather kill myself then put 3500$ into a blaster

i would only do that to a quad that i knew i was going to have for a good time, and that i wont "outgrow"
so for you to do this, or even think of this is ridiculous, sell the sob and putt your money into a 400ex or something, good luck to you
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will take selling it into consideration, but I am kinda limited because my parents just bought me it for a b-day present and I dont know if they would let me sell it after 6 months of owning it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:21 PM

I would have to argee with Ian on this, why spend more in mods for the Blaster, than you paid for it brand new, especially when you know you will still be so far behind your friends in power? I'd look for a modded 400ex for the $3,500, or sell the Blaster outright and put the money from that with your $3,500 and find a good running 250R or a big 4 stroke to keep up like maybe a used DS650, those run awesome with just a aftermarket pipe, and the stock suspension would be fine for somebody that's not worried about the MX track, and with all the travel the big DS has it rides like a cadillac. You are already used to riding with no reverse, so that wouldn't be a problem with a DS650,400ex or 250R either, just don't get yourself into a spot where you need to back up, like you most likely avoid already on the blaster. There's also the new Yamaha 450 that might be hitting the showroom floors any time now, and it should be easily capable of keeping up with pretty much any bigbore quad out on the trail right now. It's your money, and the mods you listed would certainly make the Blaster handle great for a Blaster, but it would still be quite a bit more money and work than I would want to put into it if it were mine. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 09:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thx for the advice. I think I might get a used 400EX and sell the Blaster. But if I don't/can't I will look for a lil cheaper a-arms.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 05:17 PM

just get some wheels spacers, any money spent or put into a blaster you will soon learn is a waste....sorta like my 300 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 08:03 PM
rickj4828

take ians advice, dont put that much into your blaster, youll never get that money back when u go to sell it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode