Banshee pipes (drag) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Banshee pipes (drag)

I saw in some other posts guys asking about good banshee pipes. The best for play and racing (drag) in my opinion is the Power Pro in-frame drag pipes. CPI makes some in-frame drag pipes as well. The best generic (non-specific) pipes to buy are pretty much a toss-up between the T-5's and FMF! The worst banshee pipes I have messed with are bill's pipes, DG performance, T3, and T4! I attached a picture of my bike, it has power pro in-frame drag pipes. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1067420-in the shop.jpg (38.6 KB, 78 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 05:57 PM

Re: Banshee pipes (drag)

I think the in frame drag pipes look better on the banshee than any other pipes I've seen on them [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 06:18 PM

here is a pic of me sittin on dave moore's ATC250r, this is a drag pipe he made im pretty sure, he had quite a few sittin in his shop, his bro has them on all his banshee's, and dave has them on both his atc's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1067451-meonatc.jpg (49.9 KB, 65 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 06:25 PM

I just don't like the way most of those drag pipes wrap around in front of your feet or legs lol
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 06:03 AM

true, they would be no fun if u were out to have fun on it, i see drag pipes like that mostly on fourwheelers n such built just for drag racing
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Old Hand

That guy was me, I have alot of money set aside for spiffing up my shee, and getting a new bike (enduro). SO you actually HAD dg's at one time? I narrowed it down to either pc's, fmf fatties, or maybe toomy's. Right now it look's like fmf fatties, I have motor work done and fatties work better with ported cylinder's then sst's do. I NEED to have spark arrestor's. Pc's and fmf's looked the best from what I've seen. Do the cpi's stick out far enough to burn my pant's and boot's? Do they come in ceramic and nickle plating, because chrome never holds up worth a darn on any snowmobile,atv or dirt bike pipes. It alway's eventually turn's color or rusts. Do they offer spark arrestor's? And How much of a difference will I see compared to the dg's I already have?

Feel free to PM me on this subject. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2003, 07:33 PM

ive read that the pipes that make the most top end for drag racing are cut T3s, even more than the CPIs
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

They use cut t3's on strokers to help maximize torque and top end. As we all know you cant see the maximum of both! I actually had a set and hated them. Well, I liked them until I ran the fmf gold series pipes. T5's are modeled after the gold series, I am suprised fmf didn't sue toomey. Cpi's make revs and are consistent. Power pro's make more revs but aren't as consistent. I say the best all around play pipe for a modified 350 Banshee fmf (fatty, gold series, or the torque pipes). Those torque pipes on a dune bike are unbelievable. Power Pro in frame pipes come unfinished or chrome. You can have anything done. Have the outside ceramic coated, chrome the outside and ceramic the header tube. Real chrome 3a triple plate wont blue, chrome these days is not what it used to be. You can sometimes find the guys that do it right though. If the header tube is ceramic coated it wont blue (inside is ceramic coated). Helps how the bike runs too (cooler). The power pro's come with a low decibal silencer but they are not forest approved. Yes they hit your leg, 10 minutes of polishing takes the stuff off though. They are really big pipes though, bigger than the cpi's. Here is another pic of the bike. The power pro's are a drag pipe, just as the cpi's are. My bike has a finicky power band that is compensated for by gearing, carbs, and an ignition system. Don't expect to slap a set on and just ride! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1068895-Banshee Racer.jpg (83.9 KB, 52 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

These are power pro's on my bike! They dont make just side pipes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1068899-Banshee Racer.jpg (83.9 KB, 57 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 12:39 PM

Hey Audiman,
You seem to know a lot about Banshee pipes , know anything about pipes for the 250r ? My 88 is bored .100 over , with CT national porting , and right now I run an FMF Fatty with an LRD silencer . I love the all around power spread it has right now , but have been kind of interested in finding more power all over . Just don't know if there's another pipe worth trying or not . [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode