Wife needs a new quad, help me! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wife needs a new quad, help me!

My Wife is riding a 1996 Polaris Sport 400, she is a pretty good rider and wants to bump up to a quad that is faster and most of all lighter. The 400 weighs in at 500 lbs. She has riden my Warrior and did not mind it but I want something that I could hop up later down the road. I have been thinking about a Blaster, but I dont know if she is ready for a fully manual quad. We ride in the sand dunes, and on the desert trails. She does not mind a 2 stroke. I would probably buy a used quad. Does anyone have any suggestions, maybe a Blaster, 250 EX, 300EX, or others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wife needs a new quad, help me!

I would say since you are buying a used quad look for a 400ex. There are tons of them out there, and you should be able to get a good deal. If you decide you want a new quad get a Z400 hands down. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 03:18 PM

I would have to agree with the 400ex idea, or maybe even possibly a clean 250r since you said 2 stroke is ok with her, the other quads you listed would most likely be a step down in overall performance, even though they are a lot lighter, the 400ex should be faster, lighter, and you can find almost unlimited options in the aftermarket for modifications. if I remember right, the Polaris 400 sport was faster than the 300ex when it first came out, so definetly look for a 400 ex or 250r if you want used , a Z400 would be great if you decided to buy new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 07:19 PM

Go with the 400ex , it is a little bit lighter than that polairs! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Addict

If lighter is primary the blaster would be an excelent choice and with a pipe some reeds and a rejet should have no trouble beating a stock 400 ex in the sand .... the ex can be beefed up too but at much greater expense ...... my first quad when i was 19 was a blaster and although at over 6 feet tall i was way to big for it to this day i have no complaints about it ...... very well designed machine and mine was very reliable .... top speed over 65 mph with 200 pound rider (with all mods above plus mildly ported and bored .080 over) should be a rocket with a lighter smaller rider
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 03:25 AM

I never rode a polaris sport 400 is it like the scrabler I can't rember if it is . I think a 400 ex would be good for her they have the same amt of cc's The 400ex is faster than the warrior. Also a 4 strk [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Old Hand

You can make that 400 scream if you want to spend some money, and can also make it reasonably lighter.

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes the 400 Sport is like the Scrambler, and I just dont know if I want to spend the money on a quad that rides like a garbage truck. You guys have been a great help! It is pretty cool to be able to get all of the info that you need at a place like this. Thanks again! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 09:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If she likes the warrior, give her yours. A pipe and jetting make a world of difference, then you can get something different or just get another warrior for her but as you know warriors are manuals too. good luck

mangy
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2003, 02:48 AM
raptor_rider

I think I have to agree with the sensess, a 400 EX would/should do nicely, I have a couple Blasters and they are great fun, but for an adult they are to small to ride on a regular basis, the EX has electric start, and is EASY to ride, has some of the best suspention on the market, and its a four stroke, so you wont be rebuilding the engine every other year!!!
GOOD LUCK [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode