Pre Filters for Airbox Lid!!!!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 11:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pre Filters for Airbox Lid!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question I got a 03 300ex. Ready to do some upgrades next week with a pipe and uni Filter and then rejet.
BUt for the mean time can I put some of those prefilters in my airbox to get some more air in there without rejetting while running the stock filter till next week??

I know I should do it all at one time but I'm just exciteed that's all, But if I don't have to rejet that'll be cool though.
Let me know what you guys think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pre Filters for Airbox Lid!!!!!!!!!!

I can understand your excitement [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], but any time you add a significant amount of air flow to the fuel mix, you run the risk of a lean condition and possible damage to rings, piston, cylinder walls, etc.Al ot depends on the number of holes and the sizes you drill. If it were my bike. I'd try to contain my excitement until you get the pipe & new filter &
rejet after a test ride & plug read to know what main jet you'll need.
Also, in my opinion, the weeny little filters for the holes you drill are nothing more than another item to keep clean...you'll need to clean the main filter often anyway so what good are they?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 06:57 PM

cal has got it down [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], he has helped me many of times, now i pass on the info [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
personally when i put my k&n on...it didnt need jetting and ran fine, i kept the lid on tho, once i jetted, i drilled holes and put these lid filters in the lid, and other holes with the pipe, i jetted to a 128 main, i should go to a 130 but since the air lid was not totally off, i stayed at 128, good luck with jetting and keep checkin your plug if u do decide to do any air improvements before jetting, i burnt a valve bad, because i was like u (too damn excited) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and no the valve did not look to good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

THanks guys for the help and the notice about running lean. I'll hold off till next week and then rejet it for more power. Another question what pipe is better for a 300ex that is going to be trail riding and the dunes. I was looking at the WB E-series for this setup. DO you have opions about this pipe or would you recommend another pipe for what I need out of it??
Thanks for the info
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 03:21 PM

yoshi is very nice pipe for a 300, thats y i picked it, it adds lots of low-end and it works all-around as well, if your riding trails and dunes u want a low and mid range pipe, try the t-4, yoshi, and yes maybe wb, but that sorta works the top more
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 07:18 PM

just yank the stupid lid..youll get alot more power with it off and unless its REALLY muddy it wont be a problem
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I put the WB-E series pipe on my 250x, which is now a 295, and it works great, I like the tune ability of the pipe too, because you can add or remove disks as needed. If you want more power in the top end, add all the disks, reverse for less or to make it quiter. Its real loud, and I recommend getting the slip in part for the exaust to drop the sound down 3-5 decibels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode